Sunday, March 30, 2008

Featured Stamper - scrapnextras


I think I'm definitey drawn to circles this week!!

Today's Featured Stamper on SCS is ScrapNExtras. She has an awesome gallery! Here's her card that I chose to CASE. I liked Laura's tip on how to do the split negative circles, and did mine the same...it's easy this way.

What's the same: I kept the butterfly theme, kept the same layout, circles, and ribbon tabs.
What's different: I changed the background stamp to a flower, added adhesive-backed pearls, changed the overall color combo, and added faux stitching.

All three circles are up on dimensionals. They were all cut using the nestabilities circles. The butterflies were heat embossed in Versamark with red and light blue embossing powders.

Recipe ~
Stamps: SU Time Well Spent, SU Circle of Friendship
Paper: real red, bashful blue, cryogen shimmer white
Ink: black, bashful blue, real red, Versamark
Accessories: light blue and red embossing powders, circle nestabilities, red polka dot ribbon, adhesive-backed pearls, mat pack as a stitching guide
Technique: heat embossing, split negative, faux stitching

Happy Sunday, and thanks to Laura (ScrapNExtras) for the inspiration!

4 comments:

Janice M said...

Beautiful!!!! You are sooooo talented!

Stampin Cats said...

Love all your cards. Are they all poste to scs? I so need to save threm in my favorites.

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...a great number of little touches everywhere (the pearls, ribbon, piercing, etc.). Great job!

JenMarie said...

LOVE it!!! Fabulous!!