Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home is where the heart is

Hi everyone!

Here's a card for today's color challenge on SCS (always artichoke, riding hood red or real red, and basic gray).

The stamps are from another one of the NEW cling mount sets by Anna Wight at Whipper Snapper Designs. This one is called Give Thanks. Anna posted a card on her blog today too using this cute set. Be sure to stop by and check it out!

All images were stamped in Versafine Black Onyx, and then watercolored with Always Artichoke and Riding Hood Red.

The inside of the card has more apples stamped in the lower left and right corners.

....and check it out...I tied an actual bow!! Whoo-hoooo, I hardly ever do that because I'm so bow challenged! Seriously, wanna know how many tries it took me to get THIS bow??.....six! It's okay, you can go ahead and laugh at me. :)

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Give Thanks (Whipper Snapper / Anna Wight)
Paper: Papertrey Select White, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Basic Gray
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Gray Satin Ribbon, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch
Technique: Watercoloring


Hope you're enjoying your day!

26 comments:

Shelly said...

Beautiful card Denise, I always forget to stamp the inside.

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This is gorgeous Denise! I *LOVE* whipper snapper designs!

wendyp said...

Beautiful card! Love that you carried the design to the inside of the card too!

Anonymous said...

Love this card, Denise. Your shading and shadowing is so perfect. Really wonderful coloring.

Nicole said...

WOWSERS, Denise, that is a gorgeous card! AND, may I say, what an even more FANTASTIC BOW!! Hee Hee! Lovin' the inside details, too!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous card, Denise!! Fabulous job with the color challenge. And your bow looks fantastic, girl.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous looking card!!! Love all the white and the new WS Set - you have made the bow look great too!!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love your card Denise!! Simply beautiful! I tying bows too until I found this video tutorial! LOVE IT! heres the link..hope it helps!

http://wannastamp.blogspot.com/2007/11/stay-put-bow-video-and-blog-candy.html

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Denise, this is just too darling!! I love your layout with all the white!! And your coloring is perfection!! Love your sweet little bow too!! AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! Great little design- clean, crisp- just the way I like 'em./Diane/Lost in the 60's

dpkennedy said...

This is gorgeous! I love your designs! I can't wait to get my new sets...I am totally gonna case you! LOL! Your coloring is fantastic as usual!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Denise!!! LOVE the fun images and your coloring is so beautiful!

Jennifer :)

Janice M said...

Great card Denise!! Love the added apples under the tree!

Anonymous said...

Love this set, too, and can't wait for it to arrive. Wow! You do such beautiful and inspiring work! I'm so behind...glad I found your blog. I won't let go now!

Joanne said...

Nicely done! Your coloring is really great...

Joan Ervin said...

Love all those adorable little apples, Denise...too, too cute!!!

Rose Ann said...

I love your sweet apple tree scene!! Your coloring looks awesome, and you've done such a fabulous job with the challenge!!

Denise said...

Another beauty, Denise! I love your coloring and shading. Such a sweet image.:)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card Denise, I love the way you always include a picture of the inside, so pretty!

Lynda Benden said...

This is so cute Denise!! Love you coloring and the images are fantastic! Congratulations on all your wonderful news as well ~ you SO deserve it!!!

Beate said...

Fantastic card inside and out!
Hugs and smiles

Donna Baker said...

I'm loving all your samples using Anna's new sets! this one is just great with your coloring & the colors for this fall apple tree.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Hey Denise I just wanted to let you know I cased this card today! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is AWESOME!! Just AWESOME!!

Shirley said...

Another really pertty card, Denise. Love those apples. I like it stamped inside too. I never say anything about it. Maybe I should start and also I do the envy too! LOL Anyway, love the card!

Kim Gasper said...

This is so adorable. I just love the new Riding Hood Red.