Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jumpin' on the Twilight bandwagon!

Yep, took me long enough but I'm a Twilight fan! I watched the first two movies on DVD, went to the theater with my daughter to see Eclipse, and now I'm going back and reading all the books, beginning with Twilight...they're awesome!! I've been wanting to make one of these corner bookmarks ever since I saw Beate's tutorial so today I made time to make myself one....so fun!



My bookmark is inspired by the New Moon book cover...



I used my Flourishes Thank You set (isn't this tulip a GREAT image to go with that book cover?!...love it!) I got my Flourishes set from Stamper's Dream. It's currently sold out, but Michelle carries lots of other sets in her store including the newest release. My tulip is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with Copics, and I added some Diamond Stickles on the dark parts of the flower (after all, Edward sparkles like diamonds in the sunlight, right?...hehe!).

Hope you're enjoying the weekend!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Flourishes Thank You
Paper: Black, White, Cosmo Cricket Honey Honey DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: G40, G24, BG11, R11, R22, R35
Accessories: Martha Stewart Border Punch, Circle Nestabilities, Black Gingham Ribbon, Diamond Stickles, Stylized Flower Embossing Folder, Scor Pal, Scor Pal Tape

15 comments:

Chris said...

The bookmark is gorgeous - I'd hate to use it for fear of ruining it! That's so funny about the series - last year I couldn't put it down once I started. My teen daughter insisted I read it and I thought the idea was silly but boy did it suck me in! :) You'll love the books!

Becky said...

This is one stunning bookmark..

Susie said...

Really beautiful bookmark. Love the Twilight series - the last book was my favorite.

Carol L said...

It's easy to see exactly where your inspiration came from to make this cute bookmark! I haven't caught the Twilight bug yet....haven't seen a movie in ages!

dolcreations said...

You have nailed this to a tee! Beautiful bookmark Denise. Man, I would love this bookmark!!!!! Gorgeous! How do you do it...everything you make is just so darn superb and PERFECT!!!

chris said...

Denise its perfect, might have to have a go.
hugs chris xx

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

OMG! That bookmark is so fabulous Denise! And yes it looks just like the flower on New Moon cover! So glad you jumped on the Twilight wagon!LOL!! I just started reading them again after seeing Eclipse.

Justine said...

Wow great minds do think alike. I love your bookmark, you so have to go check out the post that I just loaded ;o)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous!!

Kathy Jones said...

Tee Hee - welcome to the Twilight Lover's Denise!!! :) I LOVE your bookmark it's absolutely gorgeous and so perfect for New Moon!! Now you just need to make one for each book in the series!!! :)

Marisa said...

Perfect bookmark, Denise! Coulnd't get a more perfect match for the tulip!! Welcome to Twilighter's delight :D I read the entire series in two weeks over Christmas two years ago and then reread them all again this past Christmas. Enjoy!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Denise your bookmark turned out beautiful!!! Perfect take on the book-cover!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

No no... Say it isn't so... You caved... Denise I thought you were going to be strong and fight the Twilight craze.. lol Great corner bookmark!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Took me a little time to catch onto the Twilight craze, too! I wouldn't say I am a "groupie" ... but my girls talked me into reading the books ... after I saw Twilight on DVD months after it was released. I have read all 4books now ... and enjoyed New Moon & Eclipse (which I think is my fav!) This bookmark is simply gorgeous! And perfectly themed! Hugs Andrea xx

Leslie Miller said...

Twilight fan here, too. Just before Eclipse came out I had a party at my house where we watched the first two movies (along with plenty of food and visiting in-between). Then we all got together and went to dinner and Eclipse. We were a group of ten. They would all LOVE your bookmark, as I do!