Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary


My aunt and uncle's anniversary (50th!) is coming up and when I saw THIS gorgeous card by Wendy, I knew I wanted to use this Sarah Kay First Kiss image on their card. Confession....I love Wendy's coloring so much that I tried to color my image like hers (she's a huge inspiration to me!)....and I literally sat with my Copics in front of my computer monitor and copied the shading as best as I could. :)



The anniversary sentiment is from my So-Frogetful set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. The main matted image is up on foam tape and I added Stickles to the girl's hair bow. The layout is the October SFYTT.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great Saturday!

SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Sarah Kay First Kiss, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps So-Frogetful
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Certainly Celery, Seaside DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories: PTI Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, Sewing Machine, Foam Tape, Stardust Stickles, Bow Easy

12 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Hi Denise! Hope you're having a great weekend!

LOVE this darling card! It's colored to perfection!

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card...I esp love how you colored the little boys hair...that is so hard to do!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so sweet, they are going to love this card! Beautiful!

Carol L said...

Your coloring is fabulous, and I admire Wendy's awesome coloring skills too! Gorgeous card, so cute for an anniversary!

Dawn Easton said...

This is so sweet! You did a fantastic job with the shading! Wendy does a great job too! You both inspire me to try more shading!!

Sharon said...

So nice seeing another card from you Denise. I LOVE this one. So beautiful. Love the softness thereof and your colouring is superb! hugs Sharon

Pet73 said...

Such a pretty card! Your colouring is fantastic!

Michele said...

wow, just gorgeous! love your coloring.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful anniversary card! Your coloring case turned out lovely! Although I find it amusing that you would case anyone else's coloring, when you are so great at it yourself!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! Oooh! I always drool over your delicious stamp images ... and for once I have this one! I hope one day to take the plunge and buy some Copics. You will be my "go to" person for advice, Denise! I don't really know where to start!!! I am hoping that my family might get the hint and give me money to get started for my 50th birthday next March! Sweet Sweet design, gf! Hugs xx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

OMGosh!! I am flattered beyond belief to know that I inspired YOU :) You've always been a big inspiration to ME!! :) Your shading is just GORGEOUS...LOVE his hair and her hat!! Happy 50th Anniversary to your Aunt & Uncle.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your coloring is AMAZING, and I am in LOVE with this card! Gorgeous!!