Tuesday, October 30, 2012

FTTC193 - Fall Off the Page

Hey there. Hope those of you dealing with Hurricane Sandy are all safe and sound.  We're supposed to be in the worst part of it right now as of this post (I've pre-scheduled this post for today thinking our power will most likely be out). Today's hostess on the Timeless Tuesday Blog is Ally and she's challenging us to make a card where the image "falls off the page."


For my card, I used one of my all-time favorite Flourishes sets, "Thank You."  I stamped the sentiment and tulip on the Classic Ivory circle, then stamped a second tulip, colored it with Copics (Lenten Rose and Leaf Green Collections), cut it out with scissors, and glued it down over the other tulip.  I added some twine, crochet cotton ivory lace ribbon, and adhesive pearls.  Papers are The Sweetest Thing-Lavender.

Be sure to stop by the Timeless Tuesday blog for all the details of the challenge and, of course, you can find even more inspiration by hopping around to see what the rest of the FTTC girls have created for you....

Allison   ***   Amanda   ***   Broni
Cindy   ***   Maki
and our October Guest Designer, Nina Brackett!

Have a good, safe day. :)

18 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Beautiful colors! Carri~Abusybee

Shannon White said...

Wowie! Just Beautiful Miss Denise! Love the Pretty Blossom and your Fabulous coloring Lady! 8-)

Hope you have been doing Wonderfully!

Hugs
Shannon

Daria tworzy said...

Super:)

Karen W said...

So pretty, that flower is perfect for this.

TLady said...

Denise!
This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE interpretation of falling off the page! :) (I see MANY of you ladies don't want to CUT OFF your images! That's just how GREAT FLOURISHES IMAGES ARE!!!!!!! :) You want ALLLLLLL of the image! ) :)I UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!! :)

Allison Cope said...

What a gorgeous card Denise! I love the design and your fussy cutting is awesome! Beautiful!

Marisa said...

I never tire of seeing that tulip :) Gorgeous card. Hope you are safe and sound!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Denise this is GORGEOUS!!~

Broni said...

This is so beautiful! Your flower is gorgeous and I love the pairing of the patterned papers.

Amanda said...

I hope you are safe and sound, Denise! I'm pretty concerned about you and the storm affecting you. If you can't send emails but you can read this post, don't worry about posting for next week if you can't, ok? :)

I love, love, your card and papers, though! This is my favorite stamp set that I keep meaning to grab every time I'm shopping in the Flourishes store. Your card with all it's beauty just makes me wish I had it so I could create with it :)

~ Amanda :)

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Denise.


Hugs Riet.xx

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Denise. Love how you did this flower.

Kristie said...

I hope you fared well with the storm! We were lucky where we live in CT.

Your card is just beautiful!! I just love everything about it!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Denise!! I am thinking of you and your family after Hurricane Sandy...Hope you are doing OK, girlfriend!

Rose Ann said...

This is so soft and beautiful!! Your coloring looks fantastic, and I love the pretty papers you've used!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Denise the way this flower gracefully flows of the edge of the die cut is beautiful! Sending you safe and warm wishes!

Linda Visser - van der Velden said...

Lovely!!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Absolutely stunning Denise !!!!