Thursday, June 12, 2008

Black & White Note Cards...and a RAK




Did you see Beate's inspiration challenge on Tuesday? The inspiration piece is this really pretty pillow....totally inspired me! Thanks, Beate!

I decided to make some 3x3 note cards and a box to store them in, following last week's Technique Challenge (TLC171). If you click on THIS link, it'll take you right to the template for the box. I made six 3x3 cards to fit inside the box.

I stamped the flowers on the front panel of the box in White Colorbox ink and then heat embossed them in Irridescent Ice (love irridescent ice!). The note cards themselves are just simple white cards (Papertrey CS because it's thicker CS and, in my opinion, *stands* better as a card base) and I stamped the flowers in Adriondak Jet Black ink.

Recipe ~
Stamps: Impression Obsession Butterfly Bliss CL171
Paper: Basic Black, Papertrey White
Ink: Adriondak Jet Black, Colorbox White
Accessories: Sticky Strip (red tape), Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder, White Satin Ribbon
Technique: Heat Embossing


Next, I'd like to share a card I received from Jen (J-Bo)....her 3-D horse card!! hehe!! I loved this card when I saw it in her gallery, and now I have it if person!! If you get a chance, hop on over and check out her blog. She has a really great style that I love.

Jen, thank you so much for sending this to me! I love how you have two of the horses popped up on dimensinals, and the papers/colors are just gorgeous. It's hanging up on my wall board here by my desk so I can see it every day. {HUGS!}

Hope you all enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Denise, your cards are super sweet. I too just made a punch of little cards. I LOVE the stunning designs, Jennifer :)

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your black and white, so so pretty.

Jackie Pedro said...

The notecards are so elegant. The box is simply beatiful!!

Anonymous said...

Loveeeeee your little box & cards! The black & white is awesome! I bet it's very sparkly with the embossing! :)

Your RAK card is fabulous as well! Lucky you!