Friday, June 13, 2008

For Dad (aka "Pops")

Today, we're taking my dad out to lunch for father's day. I know, it's early...but Dad is going racing on Sunday (see a pic of Dad in his car below) and we're going camping.

I JUST made this card this a.m.....nothing like last minute, huh? LOL! I went with today's Limited Supplies Challenge, which was to use knots on a card...awesome challenge for us peeps (me!) who aren't SUPER talented with making bows.

I got this great classic car image through the wish-RAK forum. I colored two images with Prisma Pencils, cut the one out, and popped it up on dimensionals over the first colored image. The black mat panel behind the car is also up on a layer of dimensionals.

Recipe ~
Stamps: misc car image (from wish-RAK), Gina K Kindred Sentiments for Her
Paper: Papertrey White, Ballet Blue, Basic Black, Shiny Silver from LSS
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories: Silver Brads, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals
Technique: Gamsol Magic

Wanna see that photo of my dad in action?...here he is racing at Maple Grove Raceway. That's him on the line getting ready to run. The slicks look all warped because he's starting to do his burnout to warm the tires.

We call this photo "Eye of the Tiger" because when we zoom in to his face inside the car, he's soooooo focused....very intense! I love my "Pops" and I'm so proud of him. He built this car all on his own....pulled it out of a junkyard and made it the beauty that it is today.

Good luck this Sunday, Pops! Hugs from all of us!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have an awesome Friday!

12 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome card Denise!!! Your Pop is really going to love this one!!

LeAnne said...

Man, you are a fast stamper....I haven't even thought about stampin' yet today! Your card is great, your dad is gonna love it! Thanks for sharing the photo--I can feel the heat and smell the rubber burnin' right now!
LeAnne

Nicole said...

WOW, I wish I could come up with something THAT great in a morning! SUPAH JOB! I AM SURE he will LOOOOOOVE IT!

Mimi Hornberger said...

Awesome! I'm sure he'll love it. Go Pops! XO, Mimi

Cindy Haffner said...

He's going to love it, what Father woouldn't.

Anonymous said...

Super awesome card, Denise!! I bet your dad is really going to enjoy this card....I know my dad would! I have to share that picture of your dad with Shawn then. His car is a real beauty!!
Nice job on the card! Have a great weekend!
Wendy

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great card, I am sure your dad is going to love it!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I love your card Denise! Great image for a race/car lover! Love the colors you used especially the "chrome" Can you just hear Toby Keith singing that!LOL! Thats what Ive been singing all day since I saw your card.LOL!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a cool Father's Day card!! I love the colors and dimension!!

Carolyn King said...

fantastic--I am sure he will cherish this card--very thoughtful and of course--beautifully crafted!

Anonymous said...

The picture of your Dad's racecar freaked me out! It looks a lot like my Dad's old race car (and he races at Maple Grove, BC Canada). Isn't it neat when Dads have out of the norm hobbies!

Marisa said...

No wonder you love anything NASCAR - it's in your blood :) Sure your dad will love this card - best wishes to him in his race!