Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dr. Pea-Nut

Thanks everyone for the comments yesterday about the banner. I really love the colors and the elements of the banner...but like some of you said, the size seemed too high. I was also wondering about the white space behind the title that someone mentioned. So, I now posted a different one that came in the digi-pack that doesn't have the white space...I also figured out how to force the height, yay! I think this one is a little better.

Now, onto the card...

This cute elephant is from the Dr. Pea-Nut set from Our Craft Lounge.

The layout is from one of the High Hopes Challenges (from like two weeks ago I think) and I've been wanting to try it out....finally got the chance!!

The pink patterned DP is by Making Memories. The green DP is SU's Prints Paper in Certainly Celery. The big pink flower and the blue swarovski crystals are from Michael's. The big blue rhinestone brad in the center of the flower is from Taylored Expressions. The white Dr. Pea-Nut panel and the oval sentiment are both up on foam Dimensionals. There's also a foam Dimensional behind the pink flower.

The inside of the card has the same Certainly Celery DP along the bottom and then I stamped the peanuts, also from the Dr. Pea-Nut set, above the DP.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: OCL Dr. Pea-Nut
Paper: Textured Certainly Celery, Certainly Celery Prints DP, Making Memories Pink DP, PTI Select White
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories: Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Blue Swarovski Crystals, Pink Prima Flower, ZVA Creative Blue Rhinestone Brad, SU Small Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Rectangle and Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities
Card Size: 5.25" Square
Technique: Gamsol Magic


17 comments:

Jetstudio Designs said...

Super cute card!!! I love the colors and the elephant is sooo cute. Great job as always. I like the new banner too!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Denise! I'm anxiously awaiting my stamps to arrive...hoping soon ;)

Donna Baker said...

cute - Love P-Nut with these colors.

Terri said...

Too stinkin' cute, Denise...love the peanuts and border on the inside too!

Betty J Schaub said...

Peanutbee:
Your banner is awesome! and how adorable is that little sick heffalump?! Anyone would feel better when they opened up this card!

Jami said...

Love your coloring on this cute elephant - and the little peanuts on the inside of the card are so fun!!!
hugs, Jami

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your card is so super cute, and I think your banner looks awesome!!

Kicki said...

Wonderful card and lovely colors, the elephant is sooooooo cute!!

~Kicki from Sweden~
http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/8948/

Jackie Pedro said...

DARLING!!!

Carolyn King said...

SUPER ADORABLE.....love it!

Great new banner too!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super duper cute!!! Love that elephant image!!! The touch of pink is adorable!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome card, Denise! Love your coloring and color combo. Very cool inside, too!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I have this set and have had to put it on the back burner until all the Christmas cards are done. It's killin' me! lol

Anonymous said...

Awwww Denise, this card is so cute! Love that elephant and that paper goes perfectly with him! Awesome job on your coloring..as always! :)

Amy Johnson said...

Cute card and image. I love the big prima and colors. I love your new banner too. I didn't see yesterday's banner though, so I have nothing to compare it too.

Rose Ann said...

This is SUPER cute, Denise!! Your coloring is wonderful, and I love the green and pink!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, super cute! Great coloring and colors!