Saturday, December 27, 2008

OCC Clear Challenge



















Today's OCC challenge is to make a card/project with something clear... clear buttons, acetate, clear embossing powder...something clear.

...I tried like you wouldn't believe to incorporate clear buttons on the card, then I tried clear acetate flowers that I punched, I tried a Heidi Swapp ghost flower.....they all gave me fits and nothing worked....so I gave up and just left the clear swarovski crystals and I used clear embossing powder on the sentiment.

I'm not super happy with how my card turned out, but I DO like the Cecily Cinnamonsticks image that my friend Dawn Easton (thanks, Dawn!!) was sweet enough to stamp for me! I think the image is adorable and it was really fun to color.

The pink circle and green scallop circles are up on separate layers of dimensionals. Angel Wings Shimmerz were added to her wings along with Diamond Stickles. Liquid Pearls were added to the neckline and wrists of her shirt as well as along the scalloped apron. The layout is Taylor's TECC47 Sketch.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Stampingbella Cecily Cinnamonsticks
Paper: White, Pink Passion, Green Galore, Doodlebug DP (from Taylored Expressions Birthday Girls Key Ingredients)
Ink: Pink Passion, Green Galore, Real Red, Only Orange, Blush Blossom, Perm Black, Marigold Morning, Basic Brown, C1 Copic, C5 Copic, 0 Colorless Blender, Craft Black
Accessories: White Opal Liquid Pearls, Angel Wings Shimmerz, Diamond Stickles, Primas, Clear Swarovski Crystals, Green Flower Brad, Clear Embossing Powder (on the sentiment), Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Dimensionals
Technique: Watercoloring, Heat Embossing

20 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Denise she's adorable!!! Love the crystals you added...they are so pretty! Perfect embellishment for this sweet card!

Doris said...

All the embellishments you used on this card were just right without overdoing it--beautiful job!

Jackie Pedro said...

I like it even if you don't!! Adorable card, Denise!!

Michelle said...

Well I think this is adorable ~ love the pink & green. You know one thing I can never use is clear embellishments ~~ everyone else makes them look fabulous, but they always look stoopid when I use them!! LOL!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Denise, LOVE the fun image and design.

Enjoy weekend & Happy New Year,
Jennifer :)

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh, I think it is just DARLING, Denise! Love the colors you chose, and all that fabulous white space! :D

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so sweet, and the crystals are the perfect touch. Have a great weekend!

Terri said...

So cute, Denise...this is one of my favorite Chichiboulies, love the bling, as I always do!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally adorable girlie!! Love it!!

Renee said...

Ahh this is so cute! I love the colors (my favs) you did a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, Denise! I love the colors and your stamped papers!

Lynda Benden said...

I am SO glad someone had as much trouble as me with the challenge!!! LOL!!! Your card is MUCH prettier than mine, I love it Denise!

Jamie Martin said...

I always love your cards, love how you use white paper. Another beautiful card :)

Joan Ervin said...

Soooo adorable, Denise!!! I just love that image and what a great layout!!! The colors and coloring are fab, as always, and I'm lovin all that white!!!!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh my gosh, this is ADORABLE! I love all the white! It shows off the image so well!

Monique said...

What a beautiful card. Love the bright colors you used.

Anonymous said...

Oh Denise, your card is just so adorable! I love your clear embellishments! Soooo perfect!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

She is adorable, I think you did a super job.

diane zechman said...

awww....I love this! I have been avoiding that bella site but I may just have to take a peek!

Rose Ann said...

So, so cute...Denise!! I love the fresh colors and how sweet this is!!