Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adele

Hi all, I'm a bit behind but wanted to play with Taylor's TESC125 Sketch from last week. I love the circle elements.....FUN!



Our youngest will be starting kindergarten this week, so I made this for her teacher. The main image with Adele is up on foam tape. Stampavie stamps are available at Stamper's Dream.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend! I know I am......it's the first time in years that I'm enjoying a true, work-free weekend. Now that Kara will be in all-day kindergarten, I'm going back to working Mon-Fri and leaving my weekends free....ahhhh, that just sounds so normal to have the weekends off! Yesterday we all went hiking, geocaching (Kara calls it "treasure hunting"), and had a picnic lunch out on some big rocks. Fun!

I'll be back tomorrow to show you a bookmark I made for her teacher....it's sorta matchy-matchy to this card.





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Stampavie Adele Enjoying Fresh Apples
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy and Kraft, October Afternoon Report Card DP
Copics: E00, E02, E37, E41, E42, E43, 0, G40, G24, B000, B00, B12, R22, R35, R46
Accessories: Brads, Foam Tape, Rectangle and Circle Nestabilities, PTI Pure Poppy Ribbon

26 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Darling to the nth degree, Denise!
Such a delightful card for this little guy!

~Tex

slinkycat said...

I love what you've done with this, the circles, image and paper are fab!

Leanne x

Carol L said...

Adorable! I love the DP at the bottom and folded ribbon. Sweet image, great coloring too! Kara's teacher is going to love this one :)

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Denise! Love your DP circles, your cute image and your wonderful coloring!
Hugs and smiles

Julie said...

So pretty Denise, love your coloring!

dolcreations said...

Kara's teacher is really going to love this! I love that sketch with the circles! I love how you placed the report card DP on the bottom...so perfect for such an adorable image!
Enjoy your weekend..it is suppose to be a beauty!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card, Denise! Enjoy your weekend!

Kathy Martin said...

Super sweet! Love those OA papers and the circled polka dot paper! :)

Unknown said...

Simply adorable! Beautiful coloring, and perfect for a teacher!

Michelle said...

Very very cute!! Where do you work?? I started a full time job 6 weeks ago & let me tell ya......NOT getting used to it at all!! I needed a job so badly & finally got one, now I'm complaining that it takes up too much of my time, lol!!!!!! Enjoy those weekends!

Becky said...

I love this!! Great layout and beautiful coloring.

Barbara said...

So stinkin' CUTE!! Her teacher will LOVE this!

Niki Estes said...

So cute, Denise! I love those papers with that image.

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable card, great image...with great coloring..."teacher" is going to love this card...

Melody said...

So Cute! I love how you used the circles!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Denise,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Monique said...

This is such a sweet image.. I love the papers you have chose and your coloring is amazing!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a precious card Denise!! Love all the dots....especially the extra big ones. *grin* As always, your coloring is fabulous too!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a sweet card!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, this is so sweet and adorable! I love the playful sketch and papers! Beautiful coloring as always!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so adorable, Denise! I love the image, colors, and thought behind it! I'm a teacher and it's so nice to hear that many of you give a nice handmade gift on the first day. That would definitely make my day! :-)

Jodi Collins said...

OOOH! This is SO beautiful Denise!! LOVE your soft coloring and the amazing layout on this!!

Terri said...

Loves me some Sarah Kay, girlie...and of course you have executed it perfectly! Bet it is sad sending your youngest off to school!

Loved looking at your vacation pics...I can't believe how much you daughter looks like you! What a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

This is just darling! Such a lovely gift to go with the sweet bookmark!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How cute!! I love this card, and that sketch!!

Kathy Jones said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the papers, awesome job of the sketch and your colouring is just divine as always!!!!