Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wryn and Wren

Hey there! Well, the snow stopped by mid morning yesterday, Dan got the driveway cleaned off, and our friends came over as planned. Yay!



I made this card for Tiddly Inks Challenge #78, which is a color challenge to use yellow, orange, green and blue. I had the image already colored with everything except the orange...don't ya love when that happens??....you have something already ready to go for a challenge before you've even SEEN the challenge? Anyway, the image is one of the newest Wryn images from Tiddly Inks, called Wryn and Wren Too Tweet. It's colored with Copics, cut out with a Spellbinders die, popped up on foam tape, and Stickles were added to Wryn's barrette, shirt, and sneakers. The layout is the Viva La Verve Week 2 Sketch. Papers are all My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary Jack & Jill as well as Fine and Dandy Girl). The sentiments are from a couple different clear sets (MFT and My Cute Stamps). Yeah, this card is a mix of all different companies, huh? I know some people have mentioned on blog posts that they don't like to do that, but the way I see it is this card is going to a "non-stamper"....and she'll have NO idea!..and even if she did, I don't think it'll make any difference to her. :)

Boy, sorry...didn't mean to talk your ear off there. Thanks so much for stopping by and whatever your plans are for today, I hope you enjoy yourself! :)

25 comments:

Susan said...

Such a cute card! Mixed companies?! I say, if you've got it, use it!

Susan

dolcreations said...

I agree with Susan, if you have it, use it! Who cares if you mix!LOL
I just love your card Denise.You colour with copics sooooo good. Her hair is amazing. Love the card! Hope you had a wonderful evening with your friends!
Thanks for the recipe you gave me...it is my project today!

Wanda Cullen said...

These new Wryn images are just too adorable! You certainly do have great coloring skills! You just keep that snow up your way - lol - and we'll keep the rain!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet card! Love how you tie your ribbons!

Pet73 said...

This is soooo cute!

Marie Bingaman said...

Mixed companies? I know I wouldn't care WHAT purty stuff was used on a card THIS pretty! Use whatcha got! :)

marilynwillauer said...

Cute!!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

so pretty card!

Marisa said...

Precious image and fabulously coloured! Glad you got your social evening too :) As for mixing companies, if it works, do it I say!

Sue from Oregon said...

Such a sweet and clean card...lovely!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Denise...she is just as cute as she can be!!!! You have colored her perfectly, as always, and I love all the pretty papers you used!!! Stay warm, gf!!!

Carol L said...

This is SO adorable! I mix stamp company stuff all the time! Hey, it's all good!!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute and beautiful too.
luv
Debby

Melody said...

So cute! Amazing coloring!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I don't have a prob using multiple companies ... makes it more interesting. Nice to see what is available. (Like the Tiddly Inks images ... that you forced me to buy!!! -- You really are a bad influence, Denise!) I bought 8 or so images ... and already I am wanting to go back for more ... now that you have shown me this sweetie! Hugs xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Another cutie pie!!! Love the die shape you used to cut her out too! Fabulous layering of pattern papers!!!!
LOL I didn't realize people complained about different companies on cards....ack....I do that often! ha!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!!! Your coloring is so soft and PERFECT!!! LOOK at her HAIR....just gorgeous!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heidi Brawley said...

Soooo Adorable!!!!! Love your card!
Hugs, Heidi

Shannon White said...

Oh, this is soo Adorable Miss Denise! I am really loving these Sweet images and you coloring is just FABULOUS! 8-) And maybe it's just me, but it's more about creating the card for the Person not creating the card for the Company...So I have been known to use quite a mix myself.. lol

Hugs
Shannon

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Adorable card Denise! Such a pretty image and coloured so beautifully - the hair looks amazing! I am all for mixing up stamps from different companies - may as well use what you have - and I do it all the time.

Becky said...

This is so adorable!! Awesome coloring and wonderful design paper. Love how you did that ribbon.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is precious! Adorable card, and fabulous coloring.

dpkennedy said...

So stinkin' cute and wonderfully colored!

Anonymous said...

These new Tiddly Inks are so freakin' cute! I am so considering getting them all! Love this one girl!