Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Color Throwdown #248

Hi there!  Today Broni is hosting our Color Throwdown challenge and she picked these awesome colors.....


...oh how I love Cool Caribbean. One of my all-time favorite SU colors!  I think these colors together are very beachy or very girly so I decided to get out one of my all-time favorite, beloved Sarah Kay stamps and get to some coloring.  Here's my card:


The card base and image were cut with curved rectangle nestabilities dies, the image and clouds are popped up on foam tape, the image was colored with Copics, and I added a bunch of sparkly accents with Stickles. Here's a close-up:


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've decided to take a break from blogging for the summer (or possibly longer), so this will be my last post with the CTD team for now.  I have truly enjoyed being a part of this fun team with such a GREAT group of gals!

Speaking of the great gals, check out the gorgeous creations they have to share with you today:

Barbara   **   Broni   **   Joan
Lori   **   Lynn
Tammy   **   Wanda
and our June Guest Designer, Wanda Guess!

Have a great Wednesday and a WONDERFUL summer!!

21 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby

ania said...

Lovelly!! So pretty!

Cheryl said...

Oh how SWEET! Denise, she really is precious! Love the shape of this, and you did an awesome coloring job on here. We'll miss you, but I only wish you the best! {{{hugs}}}

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous coloring!! Wonderful card!! Sorry to hear you're leaving CTD- hope you enjoy the summer and hope to see you back in the fall!

Jill Norwood said...

Enjoy your summer break! You will be missed :)
Your card is lovely!
Take care! And many blessings!
Jill

Broni said...

I love your gorgeously colored little Sarah Kay image and all the sparkly goodness! Beautiful card, Denise. I'm gonna miss you and your beautiful art SO MUCH!

Christine Dol said...

When I see a Sarah Kay image,I always think of you! I love your card and love that colour combo! You your cards perfectly and I will totally miss you this summer! Don't stay away too long! Have a wonderful summer with your family.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Denise! This card is totally sweet and adorable! Love the layout with the clouds, and your coloring. I will surely miss you!!! I agree with Christine above, don't stay away too long! Enjoy your break! :-)

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey Denise - it has been way too long since I have visited and hope all is well. This is simply adorable !!!

Amy Johnson said...

It's been a long time since I've seen one of these images.....beautiful! Love the colors.

Wanda Cullen said...

This is just too stinkin' adorable!! Love the clouds and your sweetly colored image! I really hate to see you leave the team, but am crossing my fingers you'll be back! Have a great summer!

Marisa said...

Absolutely precious card, Denise!! Love the colouring and the clouds :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great card Denise and your coloring is stellar as always-enjoy your summer break

JoAnn said...

Your card and coloring is fabulous. Love all the details.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So pretty, Denise! Haven't used my girly images in ages ... must pull them out! Hugs xxx

Lynn Put said...

Super sweet Denise! Your Copic coloring looks amazing!

Lori said...

Cool Caribbean is one of my all time favorites, too! You colored this image so beautifully. Perfect for the challenge! We'll miss seeing your gorgeous creations every week.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Denise. Love the darling image and the coloring. The clouds look great!

Renee said...

This is absolutely the sweetest card! Beautiful coloring!

Melody said...

Sweet, adorable card!