Friday, July 18, 2008

Taylor's (awesome!) Sketch

Whewie! Thank you, Taylor, for the awesome sketch today! It was so fun and totally got me out of my slump. Yahoo! Love all those fun circles!

I haven't been able to make a card all week...well, any that I was really happy with. On top of that, I was NOT *feeling the love* for these in colors one bit yesterday (ask Michelle!) and I was about to throw them out the window. Today though, I got them to work so I like them a little better now....a little. I think they still need to grow on me.

Anyway, the base of the card is Textured Riding Hood Red. The gingham print is from the new Bella Rosa DP. The textured Brilliant Blue and So Saffron designer prints circles were cut with the smallest Nestie circle dies on my Cuttlebug. The Riding Hood Red hearts were punched from my Creative Memories punch.
I stamped the Whipper Snapper Ants in a Picnic Basket in Versafine Black Onyx on white CS. The basket, hearts, and table cloth were colored with prisma pencils and then I blended with gamsol and stumps. The ants were colored with my Warm Grey #3 Copic marker, and the halo effect was done with my Warm Grey #1 Copic marker. I got the shading on the ants by going over certain areas a couple times with the same Warm Grey #3 Copic marker (thanks for the tip, Jodi!!). The red mat behind the main image is up on dimensionals.

The sentiment was stamped in Brilliant Blue on white CS and then punched with the 1-1/4" circle punch, with a Brilliant Blue mat behind it using the 1-3/8" circle punch.

I glued down a white panel on the inside of the card with a thin strip of the Bella Rosa DP along the left side. I thought running it vertically along the left side would mirror the layout on the front of the card.

Recipe ~
Stamps: Whipper Snapper Ants in a Picnic Basket, MFT Essential Sentiments
Paper: Textured and regular Riding Hood Red, White, Textured Brilliant Blue, So Saffron Designer Prints, Bella Rosa DP
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Brilliant Blue, Warm Grey #1 Copic, Warm Grey #3 Copic
Accesories: 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" Circle Punches, Creative Memories Heart Punch, Blue Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol and Stumps
Technique: Gamsol Magic


Thank you all for the nice comments yesterday when I was feeling blah...and special thanks to Michelle and Silke for listening to my whining, LOL!

TGIF!
Denise

24 comments:

Alex said...

Your card turned out FABULOUS!!! I love it - the circles ARE cool, and I am sooo doing this one!! You ROCKED the sketch, I want to have the kind of slumps YOU have - LOL! Wonderful take on the sketch! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous Denise!!! This sketch is awesome, and I love how you made the new colors look...I am still not thrilled with them, but they are getting there....I still don't know about that orange though???

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is just so adorable and perfect for summer. Love the circles down the center. You have the cutest stamps. Dottie K :)

dpkennedy said...

You did a great job with these colors! Reminiscent of a good old fashioned american picnic! That image is just too cute and your coloring is wonderful!

JenMarie said...

OMGosh, totally FABULOUS!

Kim Gasper said...

And her MOJO is back!!!!

Great card, Denise. I love how you used Taylor's sketch. When I first saw it, I was stumped. Very cute!

Jackie Pedro said...

Denise this card is fab!! You lose your mojo???? I think not! Love this sketch...

LeAnne said...

Glad you got your mojo back! Don't you love that new DP?!!! So versatile, I can't wait to play with it! Can't wait for the OCCC tomorrow, too!
LeAnne

Marisa said...

Looks like your mojo came a running Did you dream about car 69 on the raceway coming from behind and winning :D because it sure looks like it. LOVE the image of the ants - they are adorable. Great job on the sketch!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just too sweet Denise!! I love those ants in the picnic basket...and the hearts and gingham...darling!!

Anonymous said...

WAHOOO - girly - this is a gorgeous card!!! I love this sketch too, but have not had time to work with it...but you have made it look awesome!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what fun, fab job, love it.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what fun, fab job, love it.

Catherine said...

way too cute, i have this stamp and just adore your card.

Michelle Woerner said...

Very cute! You inspired me to play along. I also channeled some of your "white space"!! I just posted mine. Hugs,

P.S. Glad you got your creativity back!!

Dawn Easton said...

Girl...I knew your MOJO would come back with a vengence! LOL! This card ROCKS!

Rose Ann said...

This is sooo cute, Denise!! I love what you've done with this fun sketch, and I love the colors too!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

These darling little ants aren't going to ruin anyone's picnic. That's for sure! What a cute, CUTE card. Love your coloring too.

Anonymous said...

I think this card rocks. I love the use of the heart punch with all the circle. great idea. I just posted mine too using some of the new in colors. I think i'm finally feeling them!!

Janette said...

apparently your mojo has returned because this is fabulous! Awesome card.

Lisa Kind said...

This is beautiful! I also loved this "awesome" sketch! TFS!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love it! Those ants are too cute! Love the circles!

wendyp said...

So cute!!!

Tina said...

I love that, those hearts really pop off the page! I also really like this new dp. I hate that tho, I wanna use and save it at the same time! :)