Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stamper's Dream Monthly Challenge

Hi everyone! It's time for the Stamper's Dream monthly challenge! This month Michelle challenged us to CASE a member of the Stamper's Dream DT. You're welcome to play along! Just chose any member of the Dream Team and CASE one of their cards. Just like the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS, be sure to change a couple things to make it your own. Post a link to your project on Michelle's blog...she's going to have a DREAMY TREAT for one lucky participant! If you upload to SCS, use SDDC6 in the keywords.

We were each assigned a different team member to CASE. I got to CASE Laurie!! Whoo-hooo!! Oh my word, I'd love to CASE ALL of her cards. You totally ROCK, Laurie! I love your style! I chose THIS CARD of Laurie's to CASE.



I kept the same basic blue/red color combo, layout, and a Stampavie image. She used a Stampavie Rachelle Ann Miller image, called My Little Friend...I used a Stampavie Sarah Kay image, called My Sweet Lili. Laurie also had REAL stitching on her card...ahem, I can't sew....so I faux sewed. One of these days, I hope to do real stitching...some day. The main image is up on Dimensionals and then the scallop oval behind it is up on a second layer.

The Classic Red Prism paper, Versafine Onyx Black ink, and Penny Lane Freebird DP (striped and floral prints) that I used on my card are also from Stamper's Dream.

SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Sarah Kay My Sweet Lili
Paper: Prism Classic Red, My Mind's Eye Freebird DP, SU Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Blush Blossom, Really Rust, Cool Caribbean, Creamy Caramel, So Saffron, Basic Brown, Ruby Red SU Marker (for faux stitching)
Accessories: SU Button Bouquet, Red String, Red Ribbon, SU Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Dimensionals, Spellbinders Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities
Technique: Watercoloring


Now don't forget to check out what the rest of the team has to show you today. I can't wait to see everything too! Here are links to their blogs: Michelle, Tosh, Charmaine, Cindy, Kim, and Laurie

...and here's what you can enter to win:



Have an awesome day and good luck in the drawing!

25 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Denise, she is DARLING! I love that layout and your dp is sweet!! LOL I'm not much of a sewing person either...I try but it's never straight...haha!

Norine said...

Denise this is just too cute love her and the backgd paper is so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Terri said...

Girl, you just rock these Sarah Kay images! Always beautiful coloring and awesome layouts! Love it!

Unknown said...

Oh Denise, I love every single thing about this card!!! Of course your coloring is always impecable, and the image paired with the MME Freebird dp is awesome! Great case...GREAT card! :-)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is GORGEOUS Denise! I LOVE this card! Great CASE!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl, your coloring...*sigh*...fabuloso!!! Love what you've done with this card. It's just totally darling!! Love the red floss bow! And your sewing and buttons are just awesome!! Charming!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my goodness, Denise! That is GORGEOUS!! The colors and your coloring! GASP!! AMAZING!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Denise - your card is gorgeous!!! Love the colors and the sweet, sweet image - fab case!!!!

Oh I'll have a hard time deciding *whom* I'm gonna case....I guess it will be a surprise *wink*!!!

Mothermark said...

I took one look at this card and knew immediately you cased Michelle! Its so beautiful. I love the image you chose as well as the happy colors...It rocks. This challeng was fun! Huh!!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a darling card....that image is so sweet!!!

Dawn B. said...

If you can color like this you CAN sew. It is easier than it looks. Super job Denise. I love this image. TFS

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Fun challenge! so many awesome stampers to case!! Which one to do first?!?!LOL! Love your take on Lauries card Denise! Super cute!

Lynda Benden said...

OMG DENISE!!!! This is SO dang cute!!! I absolutely love it! Your paper and image are just perfect together!

Alex said...

This is absolutely DARLING Denise!!! I love that layout and the dp is perfect for this image!! I can't sew ANYTHING - thank goodness for paper piercers, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LeAnne said...

Sweet! This is an adorable image--how lucky were you to "have" to CASE Laurie!!!
LeAnne

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh my gosh, Denise!!! This is soooo adorable! I am dying to use my Sarah Kay images...even got several newer ones; but I just can't seem to find the time lately! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you, my friend! :)

Kathy Jones said...

I love this card!! Love the papers you've used and your colouring is so perfect!!! Gorgeous card!!

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!! I love everything about this card! So sweet!

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card Denise! I just love the image, layout, colors, papers and embellies!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, Denise! I love the colors, patterned papers, and layers!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card Denise! Love the pretty colors nad the cute image. TFS!

Renee said...

What a precious card! I love the image and the bg paper...super cute :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - so sweet! Love these colors, and I'd never have guessed that stitching was faux - awesome!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so precious, Denise!! Your coloring, sewing, accents...everything looks wonderful!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh my, this is stunning! That cute image is so wonderfully colored and the design fantastic! Love it!!