Saturday, September 18, 2010

I made a "thing"

LOL, I'm more of a card girl for sure and I don't make a whole lot of 3D items...or "things" as I call them. I have these awesome Reindeer Games and Reindeer Pun sets though and wanted to make something to include several jokes and punchlines all in one project. So check it out....I made a banner!



Now truth be told, I was going to make a joke "book" for my daughter or for my oldest niece, but....and this is why I don't normally make "things"....I didn't plan ahead very well and forgot to leave a place on all four pages where I could attach a ring. Duh! So hmmmmm, what to do? Instead I decided to make a banner! I've never made one of these before....but it was fun stringing it all together.

The above photo shows the banner all strung together with the jokes on the front. On the back is where I put all the punch lines.



I used lots of ribbon and gave a bunch of things dimension with Pop-up Glue Dots, on both the front and back.

Here are close-ups of each one (front and back)...













That's it for me today. Have yourself a WONDERFUL Saturday!

....and guess what? I'll be back on Monday to show you ANOTHER "thing".....oh my, again something other than a card.....it just might SNOW....here in PA....in September! LOL!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: OCL Reindeer Games, OCL Reindeer Pun
Paper: Pure Poppy, White, Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: R22, R35, R46, R59, 0, E25, E33, E35, E37, E41, E42, E43
Accessories: Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Red Baker's Twine, Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Spellbinders Tags, Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Adhesive Rhinestones, Glue Dots Dot 'N Go, Pop-up Glue Dots

32 comments:

Susie said...

Very cute and wonderfully made.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Thanks for my giggle for the day. Super cute! A fun idea, Denise. Hugs Andrea xxx

dolcreations said...

I think you should do more "THINGS". This is such a cute idea that you could hang from a mantel at Christmas. I really love this idea! I love how you did each banner! Cute Cute! I can't wait to see what "thing" you come up with on Monday! I'll bet it's awesome!

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my word!!!
This banner is a Christmas fiesta of fun puns!!
Such a fun & creative creation!!

(((hugss)))
Bev

Betty Wright said...

Denise, this is fantastic and I really adore how you call it a "thing." Great colors, coloring, and detailing. I really heart the jokes, too!

Betty Wright said...

Denise, this is fantastic and I really adore how you call it a "thing." Great colors, coloring, and detailing. I really heart the jokes, too!

Marie Bingaman said...

Good morning Denise! I hope you have beautiful sunshine at your spot in PA like we do! I love this "thing" you've made...it's really cute! That set is too funny! :)

Michele Gross said...

I love your thing!! :) Super duper cute!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love your "thing"!!! You are too funny, but I know where you are coming from. I have boxes of things, that don't look near as good as this. Totally funny and beautifully done!

ChristineCreations said...

You are so great with the pun sets! The banner is so fun, and will be a great conversation piece :)

chris said...

Hey do your thing again, cause I love it!!!
love the jokes its so brilliant. hugs chris xx

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Denise.

Hugs Riet.x

Jodi Collins said...

WOWSA girlie! I think you should make "things" all the time...this is SO totally fun! LOVE every bit of this!!!

Carol L said...

This thing you made sure is cute! I love these punny reindeer stamps and this is really cute! Whoa!!! Hold up on that snow in September please!! I'm SO not ready for that just yet! LOL

dpkennedy said...

Ha! These are so cute! Love the banner! Guest will get a kick out of reading them...great conversation piece!

Jessie/knightrone said...

LMBO!! You made a thing, LOL!! too cute and fun!!

Joan Ervin said...

You crack me up, gf...I can just see you giggling the whole time you worked on this adorable *thing*....toooo fun and fabulous!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a FUN banner!! I so love the riddles and your colors and design!! Gorgeous project!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh I am just cracking up.. Those puns are so fun.. I saw there was a challenge for puns on SCS the other day.. Great banner..

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh goodness! What a great set of "punny" cards!

Dawn Easton said...

This is awesome girl!

Monika/Buzsy said...

This "thing" you created is awesome Denise! Love the words... the cute images... great shapes and textures. :o)

Sharon in Arizona said...

This is adorable!!!! You are so clever. I can see that it would make a cute booklet, but I like the banner, too. What a great conversation piece. I like the way you put all the pieces together. Have a wonderful day! :o)

Marisa said...

I hear you about making "things" LOL! The panels are adorable and the puns are terrific. Well done :D You should be good for another year now LOL!

Patty from FL said...

You're killing me with these puns! They are so cute!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I love this!! how creative of you Denise!!

Renee said...

This is so cute Denise! What a fun idea!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

How creative and what a fun banner. I just love the layout design of each piece of the banner and color combo too!!! What a funny little stamp set. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey girly....your thingy is totally awesome...and cute!!! Love it!!! I always wanted to try a banner too, but never had a chance to do it...I guess it's not happening any time soon...yikes!!! Have a wonderful evening!!! Hugs ~S~

Barbara said...

Well, I just LOVE your "thing", LOL! It's adorable!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

*giggle*...so fun and creative Denise!! Love your hanging jokes!!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

These are soo stinkin' cute Denise, love the puns & I just love the way you put the cards together!!!