Sunday, September 19, 2010

I scrapped too!

Hey, why not...since I'm on a roll with making things other than cards, right? LOL!



This photo was taken last year on one of Kara's preschool field trips. It was taken by one of the other moms (who is a photographer) and she gave it to Kara on her fifth birthday. I just loved it, especially the sparkle effect she added in the eyes, and I've had it hanging on my fridge since she gave it to us. Well, when OCL came out with the new Art of Nature set, I noticed that the wheat Kara is holding would match with the one stamp in the set and thought it'd be cool to make a scrapbook page with them together.

I started off following a layout from the September Page Maps site (the fourth one down on that link) but then the sketch sorta turned into something else. The turquoise circle and the tag are both up on Pop-up Glue Dots. I also added a "hidden" journaling tag....something that I think is really fun to do with scrapped pages. The tag tucks into that light purple panel and can be pulled out with the ribbon/button. Here's a close-up of the journaling tag...



Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I hope you enjoy what's left of the weekend.





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: OCL Art of Nature
Paper: Textured Pale Plum, Textured Perfect Plum, Vintage Cream, Textured Turquoise, My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: E33, E35, E41, E42, E43, BG000, BV000, V17
Accessories: Sewing Machine & Thread, Kaiser Craft Peals (colored with a V17 Copic), Circle Nestabilities, Spellbinders Tag, Pop-up Glue Dots, Labels One Nestabilities, Blue Ribbon, Wisteria Button
Overall Page Size: 10" Square

23 comments:

Susie said...

What a wonderful page. As with all things you create - it's perfect.

Becky said...

This is a gorgeous page and beautiful picture.

Carol L said...

I adore this photo and the gorgeous page you created!! I love the hidden journaling tag and all the beautiful stitching, especially the little sentiment you added about being quiet! Awesome!!

Dawn Easton said...

Denise,that picture of Kara is BEAUTIFUL and you scrapbooked it perfectly!! Gorgeous page my friend!

dolcreations said...

Wow.....
I love to scrapbook too and I am so glad that you posted this beautiful layout. Alot of layouts seem so busy, but this is just gorgeous Denise! That picture is just beautiful of your daughter and the image that you used on your layout is brilliant! Thank-you so much for posting this wonderful layout!

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Denise!!! The colours are perfect with your photo!

Lynn Put said...

Such a pretty scrapbook page! I love the soft colors and how you created your journaling tag!

Joan V said...

Wow, what a beautiful scrap book page. Thanks for sharing

Jodi Collins said...

There is nothing you cannot do! What a GORGEOUS page and she is SO beautiful Denise!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous Denise! Adorable photo and I love the offset photo mat and the hidden journalling! Beautiful page!

Sue from Oregon said...

such a lovely picture and a great page to highlight her special trip!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous layout Denise. Love the colours.

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Denise! I love the colors!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Beautiful scrap page Denise! That photo is great!! How sweet of her to give it to you!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, what a beautiful scrapbook page. I just adore that hidden journalling tag and the half pearls. Such pretty colors. I would have never thought to use turquoise and purple but it just has such an amazing impact...bold but soft at the same time!! Love it!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Check it out...a scrap-page!!! You rock...and so does this beautiful page!!! Love the colors and the sweet picture of Kara!!! Hugs ~S~

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a great page! Love the photograph and the hidden journaling tag.

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh...this is incredible.. I am so bad at scrapping.. I need a lesson.. Your daughter is gorgeous.. Those eyes of hers.. You are going to be in trouble in about 10 or less years..:)

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE this! Aww yayyy you scrapped! Totally love doing that every once in a while-it's adorable and your girl is precious!

Joan Ervin said...

Your page is adorable, Denise....such a precious picture and I love all the pretty colors and details...the hidden journaling tag is amazing!!!!!!!!

Barbara said...

his is gorgeous, Denise! What a wonderful keepsake this will be!

dpkennedy said...

Both your scrapbook page and your daughter are gorgeous! Love the photo and layout...perfect!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

I love the colors. The page really makes you focus on the picture of your adorable little girl. I really need to get back into scrapping again!