Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sweet 'n Sassy Guest!

Okay, so I had exciting news for you on Monday about my guest spot with Penny Black. Well, I have more news to share today.....I'm honored to be guest designing in December for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps as well!! Thanks Korin and "Janettie Spaghetti" for inviting me!!

You all know how much I love making recipe cards, right? Well, I also love all the Cocoa images over at Sweet 'n Sassy. I said something one day to Korin about making a Cocoa with a chef hat. Well, O...M...G.....I barely had time to blink and she had sketched one up! I'll tell you, the girl is QUICK! Want to see Chef Cocoa?? Here he is.....



Is he cute or what?! Oh my gosh, AWESOME job, Korin!

I made this 5" x 7" recipe card for Upside Down Apple Pie. I added some clear Spica shimmer to his ears and nose as well as some stardust Stickles to the chef hat. The pearls were colored with my R59 Copic.



Have an awesome day!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Digi Stamp: Chef Cocoa (Sweet n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: Certainly Celery, Imaginisce Apple Cider DP, Textured Burgundy
Copics: 0, W1, W3, R000, R00, R20, R59, E33, E35
Accessories: Waxed Linen Thread, Sewing Machine, Kaiser Craft Pearls, Stardust Stickles, Clear Spica Glitter Pen, Spellbinders Apple Die

23 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh!!! How cute!!!! Love that little mouse...hehe!
Congrats on another guest gig...you are rockin'!

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness...I LOVE HIM! I WANT HIM for my recipe cards! What a great image for us guys that love to make recipe cards! I love how you placed him on the template! Your recipe cards are the best!!!! Congrats on guest spot!Your perfect for the position...it also means we get to see more of your wonderful talent!

Carol L said...

Oh Denise - this is AMAZING how you put chef cocoa into the apple!!! Your coloring is over-the-top and Cocoa looks adorable on this recipe card!
I LOVE the card you created for the cocoa challenge blog too - WOW! You're on a serious roll :)

Jetstudio Designs said...

He is so cute! I like how you used him on a recipe card.

Congratulations on being a guest designer for Sweet and Sassy and Penny Black!!

Pattie said...

I love what you did with this little image! Great idea with the apple die and to use it on a recipe! Yum!

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable and yummy all in one Denise. Congrats on the GDT!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet image and I love your use of the apple die! Congrats on yet another design gig...you're in BIG demand - lol!

Wendy said...

How cuuuuuuuuuute! Love the image and your recipe card, Denise! Oh and Congrats on being the Guest Designer for SNSS!! Your so deserving!
Happy Wednesday!

Marisa said...

You go girl :) Cocoa is beyond adorable and love this new version. Perfect for my hubby who is the chef in our family LOL!

LeAnne said...

I couldn't wait to see what you came up with for this----how CUTE!!!! LOVE the apple---just perfect for your recipe!

Gabriela said...

Hi Denise - Congratulations on your Sweet & Sassy gig! I just love your recipe card. As a matter of fact I sent you an email last night with a question relative to recipe cards. My email might be in your Spam or Junk Mail folder perhaps. Thank you.

Jodi Collins said...

Congrats my friend! This is WAY to cute! LOVE this!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Congrats on the designing spots! Oh and this recipe card is SO darling. Love the sparkly chef's hat, and Cocoa is so cute.

America said...

what a super CUTE image!!! FUN and Fab recipe card idea here!!!!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Hugs Riet.x

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

OMGosh Denise he is the cutest! Cograts again! I love the recipe card!

Pennystamper said...

I am not a big cutsie fan but I really love this card!

Anonymous said...

This is an adorable recipe card! Love how you incorporated the apple dies! TFS

Joan Ervin said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spots, Denise..you are rockin the sweet little Cocoa images!!! Love your recipe card, girl...tooo cute!!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

You always make the "bestest" recipe cards!!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Oh so cute and LOVE him on the apple nestie! perfect!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Oh and forgot to say CONGRATS on the dt!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

OMGosh!! I don't know how I missed so much on your blog!!! (I swear time just gets away from me) I LOVE making recipe cards too!! It's a addiction really, but this is the C-UTEST I have EVER seen!! LOVE LOVE how you put the image in the apple die!!! Gonna have to just completely copy/lift this one from ya soon!!! :)