Tuesday, July 31, 2012

FTTC180 "CASE a DT"

Hi all! It's Timeless Tuesday time!  This week, Ally is challenging everyone to CASE a DT card.  All you have to do is go to the Flourishes Gallery by clicking HERE, pick out a card that you would really like to make yourself, and make something similar using the same color combo, stamps, and/or layout.  When you post your card, be sure to give credit to the original designer by linking to their creation.


I chose to CASE Stacy's Poinsettia and Boxwood card. I LOVE the blue/brown color combo, the rounded corners, and sweet, simple layout.  I don't own the Poinsettia and Boxwood set (wish I did though...I love how she colored her poinsettia), so I swapped it out for my Sentimental Christmas set, added some die-cut snowflakes, changed the clear rhinestones out to silver pearls, and used some dark brown ribbon instead of light brown.  The die-cut Classic Ivory oval with the sentiment is up on foam tape.  My card measures 4.25" square.

Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Timeless Tuesday ladies have created for you today..... Allison, Amanda, Cindy, Heather, Makiko, Mona, and our July Guest Designer Patti Gilliam.


Have yourself an awesome Tuesday!


27 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Denise!!~

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Denise! Love the snowflakes scattered about!

Amanda said...

What a Classy looking card!! I mean it looks fabulous! Your papers, colors and details all look amazing together! Denise, you have great taste in card making :)

~ Amanda :)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Very pretty Denise!! The snowflakes are fab!

Sharon said...

A very elegant card Denise. Love the colour combo. hugs Sharon

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Susan (rainy) said...

It's gorgeous, Denise! Love the rich chocolate and blue color combo.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooh! I checked out the flourishes gallery ... And felt a little intimidated about the standard? I am in awe! Love your take on Stacy's card. Hugs xxx

Carol Maynard said...

Lovvvvvvve it! The blues and browns are soooo pretty together! Nice and simple card too!!! AWESOME! Hey, I miss you! Let's get together for a shoebox swap sometime! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful my friend!

dpkennedy said...

CAS and beautiful! Great card Denise!

Elizabeth Allan said...

The wonderful rich brown is so gorgeous against that shade of blue Denise. And those snowflakes just melt my heart!

Marisa said...

Such a great colour combo. Loving the snowflakes too! Congrats on the new DT too!!

Stacy Morgan said...

I knew which one this was right away as I love it as well. This is super cute, I like the snowflakes and the sentiment oval! Great Christmas card.

Unknown said...

Denise, your card is so pretty! Love your casing!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Denise! I love that color combo, and who can resist such pretty snowflakes? Thanks for sharing, and for having me here at Timeless Tuesday this month - I've had a great time!

Carol L said...

This is definitely a winner! So pretty!

Carole said...

Stunning card Denise, I love the brown with the blue!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So crisp and wonderful, Denise!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty! Love the satin bow and darling snowflakes. :)

Danni said...

Beautiful!! Love this!

Amy Johnson said...

So pretty! I love the color combo!

marilynwillauer said...

Great card! Hard to think about snow right now!!!

~ Jo ~ said...

OMGISH Denise this is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Jo

Shannon White said...

Wow! Just CAS and Fabulous Miss Denise! Love the Fun snowflakes and fab dp's and sentiment! Great idea for some of my Christmas cards, lol might have to case your case Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolute beautiful take on Stacy's card! Hugs ~S~

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and elegant Denise. Love the color combo.