Monday, July 16, 2012

SSSC163 Thanks a Bunch

Hi all!  I can't believe it's Monday already.  Last week we were at the beach and we had an awesome time! I really wasn't ready to come home yet.  :( We got home on Saturday, I got laundry done, grocery shopping done, and watched some movies with Kara.  Today, my mom is having surgery on her knee, so I'll be headed to the hospital this afternoon to see her.


I made this card for Sweet Sunday Sketch #163 using my With Gratitude set from Flourishes.  Papers are Summer Fresh (yes, I really do love them and use them a lot), the tab die is from MFT, and the blue floral panel is up on foam tape. The pearls (colored with a YR21 Copic marker) and lime plisse ribbon are also from Flourishes, and the image was colored with Copics (Green Grass Collection, YR21, YR23, YR24, and W3).  I totally forgot about the flower element in the sketch, but oh well. Oh, and the corner is bent a little....because this card took a nose dive off my deck...oops!....it happens.  :)

Have a really great day, everyone!

15 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful, Denise! Hope your Mom makes a speedy recovery!

Carol L said...

This is such a beautiful image, and you've colored it beautifully! I love that tabbed sentiment and ruffled ribbon too!

Alexandra said...

Gorgeous card and perfect colouring again. Sending well wishes too for your mum or I should say mom. I hope she's pain free and feels the benefit from her surgery very soon.

Nana said...

Such a stunning card. I love it.

Hugs
Nana

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Love the ribbon--brings a happy burst of color to the gorgeous flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty! Love your coloring and the lime pop! Good luck to your Mom. Hope she mends quickly.

~ Jo ~ said...

Very pretty card Denise. I love those blue patterned papers... they are really pretty... and i love the green trim!
Hope your mom is doing well!

Hugs,
Jo

Shannon White said...

Soo Petty Pretty Miss Denise! Love your Wonderful coloring on these beauties and Super take on the sketch too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You have such an eye for detail, Denise! That ribbon is the perfect finishing touch! Hugs xxx

Amy Johnson said...

So beautiful! Love the pearls and the bright touch of ribbon!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Susan (rainy) said...

Hope everything went well for your mom and that she is on the road to recovery.

Your card..*gasp*..is beautiful!!

Dawn Easton said...

Ok seriously....HOW did I miss this post? Sorry!!!!

Love what you've done with this card! Love those beautiful flowers!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Denise. I love the sunflower images, the coloring. Kraft looks great with the pretty papers... lovely ribbon treatment!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

So pretty!!! Love that ribbon!!