Saturday, July 28, 2012

SSSC163 The Sea

Hello. I'm back with another sympathy card. I don't know what's going on lately, but I'm in need of two more now.   :(


I used Sweet Sunday Sketch #163 for the layout (switched out a bow for the flower element, and moved it to the left to accommodate the image) and new July release stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy (The Sea and Sheltering Cherry Blossom).  The image and sentiment were stamped in sky blue Brilliance ink and cut out with a Romantic Rectangles Nestabilities die.  Note about the bow: I punched a hole in the main image with my slot punch so I could thread the ribbon through it and tie the bow right over it.

Have a good day.  :)

15 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

I am having to make several sympathy cards myself this weekend :( This is beautiful and I just love the image you have here. Great idea on how to do the bow and will have to remember that. I hope you have a good day as well.

Nana said...

Beautiful card.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

Creations by Shirl said...

Love it, those blues just pops off your card.... love your layout... I need to make one soon my hubby's aunty just passed recently too...
TFS....

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Liefs Riet.

Carol L said...

This is so serene and gorgeous! I love the doily & lace!

Alexandra said...

Sorry to hear you need another sympathy card. This is another lovely card. I work in a sheltered housing accomodation, and sympathy and get well cards are almost as popular as birthday cards. This is a lovely idea for a quick but touching card.

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful. I was so sorry to hear about your FIL, also! So sad we have to keep making these, isn't it?

Amy Johnson said...

I'm sorry you have to keep making sympathy cards, but it sure is beautiful. I love the doily peeking out from behind the image.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Fancy bow work! Love it! So sorry you have so much sadness around! Thinking of you! Hugs xxx

Susie said...

Jaw-dropping gorgeous. Very thoughtful and sweet.

Becky said...

This is stunning Denise..

Dortesjs said...

oh my gosh this is so lovely

Dawn Easton said...

This one is wonderful too. You sure know how to make a soothing and peaceful card!

Shannon White said...

Simply Beautiful Miss Denise! Love the Wonderful image. Very serene and peaceful. So sorry for the need of another Sympathy card.

Big Hugs
Shannon

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful card Denise. I love that image, it's beautiful. I am so very sorry that you are having to make sympathy cards. So sorry =(

Hugs,
Jo