Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mimosa with Stocking Cap

Hi all! I'm so excited to tell you that I'm guest designing for Stamping & Scrapping and I got to work with this SWEET Bildmalarna image called Mimosa with Stocking Cap. She's from the new 2010 Christmas Collection. To see more awesome projects with this sweet line of stamps, check out all the inspiration on the Bildmalarna Blog.



Mimosa was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen Irridescent CS that I got from Paper Temptress. I forgot about how wonderful this CS works with Copics until I went to Suzanne's Copic classes. It has such a gorgeous, subtle shimmer to it....and the shimmer shows through the coloring. If you haven't tried this CS with Copics, you gotta! It's awesome! Mimosa was then popped up on foam tape on the oval panel.



The sentiment and pink snowflakes around Mimosa are from OCL's Merry Wishes set. I added small dots of stardust stickles to the tips of the pink snowflakes and there's a little bit of frosted lace stickles on the end of her hat.

Thanks for stopping by!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Mimosa with Stocking Cap (Bildmalarna), Merry Wishes (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Cryogen Irridescent White, Everybody Loves Christmas DP (Echo Park)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pretty in Pink
Copics: 0, W1, W3, W5, E00, E11, E25, E31, YG01, YG23, YG63, R20, R22, R35, R46, R81, R83, R85
Accessories: Striped Ribbon (May Arts), Frosted Lace Stickles, Stardust Stickles, Red Adhesive Bling, Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Sewing Machine, Foam Tape, Canvas/Linen (Papertrey), Sharpie White Poster Paint Pen

28 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh how precious! Love this little cutie and how she is sitting so pretty coming out of the 'box'. Wonderful details.. beautiful card, Denise.

Susie said...

Very sweet and adorable. I must try Copics on that cardstock. Got lots of it.

Dawn Easton said...

She's so sweet, Denise! I NEED that paper now...hehe! I love the shimmer! I've coloured on SU! shimmer white and it works fairly well too. Fabulous card my friend!

Carol L said...

She's really a cute image, and I love that oversized Santa hat! Beautiful coloring on this, and I LOVE how you stitched the kraft piece to the embossed white piece! Awesome!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Aww, I love everything about it. I think I'll have to try that cardstock out. :)

dolcreations said...

Denise I justlove these little girls.You such wonderful work with them that is for sure! I love how you coloured her...and I LOVE how you placed her! Love the little stardust stickles added to the snowflakes....beautiful!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I have never tried that CS before so I will defintely have to try it out. Super adorable card Denise!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card...love how you added the sentiment to the oval!

The Bug said...

What a lovely card! Great job! Thanks for being a guest designer over on the Bildmalarna Blog! Hugs, Wini

Pattie said...

Super cute! I love the embossing and stitching and what a great job coloring this sweet image!

Kathy Martin said...

As sweet as can be! Love the image cut out and added with pop dots! :)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Denise,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jessie/knightrone said...

How sweet!! Love it!!

Janice M said...

Adorable Denise!!! Congrats on the guest DT, those stamps are cute!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

perfect placement of that cutie....love the sentiment over her....the layout and the fab stitching....a sweet creation

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Denise!! I just love your coloring!! I will have to try that CS. Where did you get it? Great choice of dp and layout.
hugs,
Chris

Tina said...

Congrats Denise! Love your card, the image is adorable.

Barbara said...

Oh, how CUTE! LOVE how you have her "sitting" on the edge of the circle! Sweet!

Jami said...

So sweet! I haven't tried the Cryogen yet...but I need to restock my white CS...I may have to give it a try! :) Mimosa looks adorable sitting there...love these colors! Your coloring is gorgeous on her!!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is so cute! I am so going to have to get some Nestabilities or oval dies for my big shot! I love the way you have sat Mimosa to dangle off the edge of the oval. Gorgeous Denise! Hugs xxaxx

Amy Johnson said...

What a cute card! That image is so sweet! I love the way she is sitting in the frame. Too Cute! I really like the paper, the embossed snowflakes, and the ribbon too!

Niki Estes said...

So sweet! I love all the kraft and the image sitting on the edge of the die cut!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this is so sweet, fun papers and I like that stripped ribbon.

Divinewoman said...

Thanks for sharing all your cards, they are beautiful.

dpkennedy said...

Oh, she's so cute! I love these bright fun colors too!

Joan Ervin said...

Congrats on your GDT spot, Denise!!! Your card is beautiful....fabo coloring and design!!!!

Joan Ervin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Forgot to say congrats on your GDT spot!!