Monday, May 14, 2012

Dry Debossing Challenge

Hi all!  My awesome friend Dawn Easton (TreasureOiler) is hosting this week's Technique Challenge on SCS and she chose dry debossing as the challenge.  HERE'S the link to the challenge. Head on over and check it out if you get a chance...it's an oldie but goodie.


She asked me to be a sample maker and I happily said I'd love to join in. :) I embossed the largest panel with my swiss dots embossing folder, sponged Certainly Celery ink around the edges, added some machine stitching, and glued down the whole panel on the card base with foam tape.  The floral panel is the "debossed" panel for the challenge.  I embossed it with a floral embossing folder from SU, inked up the reverse side with my Certainly Celery ink pad (rubbed the ink pad directly onto the paper), and added some more machine stitching.  Then I just added a couple elements like the ribbon dies, rhinestone, "hello" sentiment, and punched butterfly.

What are you up to today?  If the rain holds out, I'll be headed to Kara's "field day" at school to see her participate in a bunch of different physical activity stations.

Have a good one!

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

I love the embossing folder you used! It's beautiful! your pop of colour from that butterfly is wonderful too!
Thanks for helping me out ;)

Enjoy your day at the school....keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card for the challenge, Denise, Well, I was hoping it wouldn't rain either, we were supposed to have some "Rain" gutter replaced today, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Hope you have a good week.

Elizabeth Allan said...

I agree with you Denise that this is an oldie but goodie technique and YOU made it shine!

Marisa said...

Loving all that green and the pop of red with the butterfly is perfect. Great use of the technique :)

Danni said...

What a great technique--I'm going to have to try it out sometime! Wonderful card!

Carol L said...

This is so pretty in green! I love those tabs and pop of color with the butterfly!

Shannon White said...

Wowie! This is So Pretty And Springy Miss Denise! Love the Wonderful Green Debossed panel and the Sweet butterfly! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a pretty result, Denise! Love the inked effect on the main panel. Hugs xxx

Riet said...

Ohhh Denise,so wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx