Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunnin' Mouse

I've had a lot of extra time to craft lately (my transcription hours have been cut and I'm VERY part-time now....which is totally okay....I think I was burned out from it anyway) and it's been really fun to participate in so many sketch challenges again.  This one is for Sweet Stop Sketch #159 ("Sketch with a Spin") and I added ruffled ribbon for the "spin."



The "Sunnin' Mouse" stamp is by Whipper Snapper Designs and the sentiment is from my MFT "Beach Bum" set. The main image circle is up on foam tape. I paper pierced the scallops with an Ornare piercing template (they stopped selling this one, but I think they should bring it back...I love it!) and then traced in some lines with an orange SU marker. Stickles were added to the sand, sunglasses, and floral shorts.


I want to BE this mouse right now....on the beach...sunning....ahhhhh! :)

Copics: 0, E41, E42, E43, W1, Y32, YR15, YR21, YR24, YG11, YG13, YG17, R00, R02, R81, R83, R85

Hope you have a great Monday!

14 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

I, too, am loving that your hours are cut back and you stamp more....hehe! LOVE seeing what you create!!! This is sweet! Love the stitching down the ruffled ribbon!

Marja Sch said...

Oh wow such a lovely card

marilynwillauer said...

Adorable! Thank you for making my morning, what a great card to look at to make one smile first thing in the morning!! I shall remember this card if I have any troubles through out my day, it will keep me smiling!!!

dolcreations said...

I agree with Dawn, I am happy your hours have been cut back.....you always make my day with your cards, and I really think your heart is in the craft room!LOL Now this card just made me laugh and think "I wish I was this little guy"....you gotta love his outfit and the colours you chose.....summer for sure! I love the pinks and the green towel! Enjoy the rest of the day....thanks for the sweet email Denise!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wow, great colors Denise!

Becky said...

What a fabulously fun card! I love that mouse :)

Danni said...

I agree with the others, so nice to "see" you more!! Love this little mouse, how cute! great card!

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest mouse with those bermuda shorts!! HAH! Love those tiny flip-flops too! Hysterical!

dpkennedy said...

I LOVE that mouse! I love the colors you used and the sentiment banners-adorable!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Miss Denise! this is so Flippin' CUTE!! Love Whipper Snapper images, and your Darling Mouse is no exception! Love your Awesome Coloring and Great take on the sketch too! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sue from Oregon said...

Laughed out loud when I scrolled up to this card in my reader! So very fun!

Amy Johnson said...

Cute card! I love how you did the sentiment and the colors are so pretty!

Elaine said...

Fun image, haha! I like the colors you used and the scallop piercing!

~ Jo ~ said...

awww this is so cute Denise! I love this image and your coloring is amazing!

Hugs,
Jo