Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CC189 Domestic Angel

Hi all!

Here's a card for today's Color Challenge on SCS...kiwi kiss, pink pirouette, and chocolate chip. Love these colors together! I used Julee Tilman's MOJO Sketch #57...except I had to move the ribbon on my card because I ran out of room.

I inked up my new Domestic Angel stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs and colored it with prisma pencils (blended with gamsol). I added some waterfall (blue) stickles to the water and bubbles, and some diamond (white/gold) stickles to her wings. There's a close-up picture below, which hopefully shows the sparkle a little better. Oh, and don't forget, you can click on any of the pictures and it'll give you an even bigger view.

I made the sentiment on the computer, and printed it on pink pirouette CS. The font is from Creating Keepsakes (digital scrapbooking) and it's called CK Journaling. I matted it against Chocolate Chip and glued down the Chocolate panel with dimensionals.

The inside of the card is layered with more Bella Rose DP and Chocolate Chip panels.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Domestic Angel (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
Paper: Textured Pink Pirouette, Plain Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, SU Bella Rose DP
Accessories: Brown Polka Dot Organdy Ribbon, Waterfall and Diamond Stickles, Dimensionals, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, SU Scallop Edge Punch
Card Size: 5.25" x 5.25" Square
Technique: Gamsol Magic


Don't forget, sneak peeks for the NEW Taylored Expressions stamps begin TOMORROW! Weeeee! So come on back and check it out. :) They're adorable!!

Have an awesome day!

21 comments:

Danni said...

Love this!! What an adorable image and an awesome card!

Carolyn King said...

awww...that is super cute, my dorky friend! lol!

Unknown said...

The image is simply adorable, as is the sentiment. And you definitely did it justice here! Just gorgeous!

Terri said...

Another awesome card, Denise. Love the layout and the coloring is gorgeous!

Beate said...

Denise, the card is stunning! LOVE your coloring, love how you used the colors for the challenge. It's perfect!
Hugs and smiles

Kimberly Crawford said...

Cute!!!! Beautiful coloring!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Denise, this card is beautiful! I absolutely love the colors and your coloring is amazing too! Even though I don't own any, Whipper Snapper are some of my favorite designs!

Sandy said...

Super cute, Denise!! That image is just precious.

Anonymous said...

AWWW - Denise - I just told ya in the gallery that this is just sooo cute and the image is over the top adorable!!! Love the senitment too!!! Awesome take on the CC - my friend!!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

she is sooo cute Denise!! Fabulous coloring and love the sentiment!!

Jami said...

Wow girl - this is so cute - love the sentiment! Wish I sparkled like this when I cleaned house!! ;)
hugs, Jami

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Denise, this is just Precious!! Your coloring is fantastic, and your card is super adorable!! Love this!!

Karen said...

I love this card. That angel is precious.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is completely adorable!! I love it!!

Betty J Schaub said...

oooo this challenge looks like fun! the colors are beautiful adn this is a cutie!

Rose Ann said...

This is so very sweet, Denise!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

These colors are beautiful. Love what you did with them.. again.. PERFECT coloring and shading. This is so cute.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So sweet! Your colouring always makes the card fabulous...love your clean lines and the inside is as pretty as the outside!

Whimsey said...

I LOVE this image; too cute! I don't have any of their stamps; maybe I need some? LOL

dpkennedy said...

Fantastic coloring on this adorable image! Such a sweet card!

Shirley said...

She is just so adorable and cute! I love the whole design and your painting really should be framed too!