Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stamper's Dream Glittery Challenge

Hi all!

Today the Stamper's Dream Team has a challenge out to make glittery cards....I LOVE glitter so I just had to play along! They're going to be running challenges on the second Thursday of every month, and everyone is welcome to participate. You can see the details by clicking HERE. They're even giving away PRIZES!

I saw Terri Dodd made a gorgeous card with this Northwoods Wispy Witch, I commented on how much I loved it, and she was nice enough to stamp me some of them to try out. I love this image...soooo fun to color! Not only did Terri stamp me the images, but she also sent this awesome bright ribbon. So, I picked the colors for my card based on the ribbon colors. Thanks SO MUCH, Terri!! You're a doll.

Michelle Rodgers has this stamp for sale in her Stamper's Dream store!

I colored the image with Copics (V15 Mallow, V17 Amethyst, W1 Warm Gray, W3 Warm Gray, W5 Warm Gray, W7 Warm Gray, E33 Sand, E35 Chamois, E57 Light Walnut, Y38 Honey, and YR00 Powder Pink). Orange Stickles were added to the belt and boot buckles. Purple Haze glitter was added to the cape with some Dries Clear Adhesive.

I ran the ribbon behind the image on an angle to follow the angle of the broom and the witch's leg. The green brads in the corners are glittery. I think I got them at Michael's. That black mat layer with the brads is up on dimensionals.

I colored another boot, cut it out, and added it to a white panel on the inside of the card.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Northwoods Wispy Witch
Paper: SU Textured Green Galore, SU Basic Black, PTI Plum Pudding, PTI Select White
Ink: Perm Black, Copics
Accessories: Purple Haze Glitter, Dries Clear Adhesive, Orange Stickles, Green and Purple Ribbon, Dimensionals, Green Sparkly Brads, Ticket Corner Punch
Card Size: 5.25" Square


Thanks for looking and I hope you're enjoying your Thursday!

22 comments:

Broni said...

REALLY cool image, Denise! And I love the sparkle and how you colored her!! Just a great card!

Unknown said...

OMG! That is so stinkin' cute! LOVE, love, love the colors you used. And the inside of your card is adorable. You DO know that you are responsible for making me work on the inside of my cards now, don't you? LOL! Thanks Denise! :-)

Amy said...

stinkin' cute is right! SOOOOOO adorable, I love it. I just decorated the inside of a card recently....so you're the one responsible for my feeling the need to do that? Thanks alot! You're too talented for words!

Betty J Schaub said...

Ooooh how be-WITCH-ing! Love this card!

Sandy said...

Fabulous, Denise ... simply fabulous. This card nearly left me speechless, and that doesn't happen very often ... lol.

Jami said...

I can totally see why you love this image - soooo cute! I love how you did the ribbon on a diagonal in line with the broom - great layout!!!
hugs, Jami

Terri said...

I EXPECTED you to create an awesome card with this image and you did not let me down...this is amazing! I have made several cards with this image and you are right, it is super fun to color. Also love how you ran the ribbon at a diagonal and the "boot" on the inside is pure genius! Glad you enjoyed the images!

Terri

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is amazing, your coloring is fabulous!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How fun is this!!!! Love the angled ribbon! And the colors are fabulous!! As always, I love the inside of the card too!! Fantastic card!

Anonymous said...

WOW - Denise - this is flippin' awesome - I love this image!!!
Of course the glitter is rockin'!!!
Your coloring is perfect too - you definitely have to show my how to color.....!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Awesome card Denise, LOVE the fun design and spooky image.

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Denise, you are the BOMB!!!! You can do it all...color...layer...accessorize...AND you decorate the inside of your cards as well!!! I LOOOOOOVE your card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW Denise...this is so awesome!! Your coloring is totally awesome and I just love the layout!! Nice job!!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a great image...your coloring is awesome! Love the bright ribbon and the boot on the inside!!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Denise, this is soooo AWESOME!!! I LOVE tht image and your coloring is spectacular!!!! Looks like I need to go shopping!!!

Shirley said...

I love it!!! right down to those cool whispy dress shreds!

Amy Johnson said...

Great card! I love the image, your coloring, the cool ribbons and the colors. Great job!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is awesome! I love the touch of glitte on this image! You lucky girl...that ribbon is awesome!

Rose Ann said...

What a cute image, Denise!! I love how you've colored it, the touches of sparkle, and your ribbon treatment!!

Anonymous said...

Denise your coloring is so incredible. This is amazing. And I love how you always have a little whimsy on the inside of each of your cards.

Anonymous said...

I like it !!!

dpkennedy said...

Love those legs! Fantastic card!