Friday, October 24, 2008

TE Release Day - Sugar & Spice Holiday Treats

All of the new Stamp a Sweet Impression sets can NOW be ordered from the Taylored Expressions store!

There's a special announcement on the SASI Blog where you can be entered to win the new Holiday Key Ingredients. Check out all the details HERE on the Stamp a Sweet Impression Blog.

Now, onto my project...The stamps are all from the new Tag Treats and Home Sweet Home sets. I used the sentiment, "Sugar & Spice Make the Holidays Nice," and made up some yummy Sugar & Spiced Nuts. The recipe for the nuts is also at the bottom of this post!

The cone-shaped bags are 12" cake decorating bags from AC Moore. I stamped the snowflakes from Home Sweet Home onto the bags with White StazOn, and then I used my SU chalks to make them blue. The blue scalloped inserts inside the bags were cut with a scalloped circle nestabilities die, and then I ran the die-cut circle through my Cuttlebug again in the old Snowflakes embossing folder.

The white tags are from Taylor's store. I stamped the Sugar and Spice sentiment from Tag Treats in Memento Tuxedo Black in the center, stamped the snowflakes from Home Sweet Home in Bashful Blue, and then sponged bashful blue around the edges of the tags. The back side of the tag also has Bashful Blue sponged around the edges, and I stamped the "To/From"...also from the new Tag Treats set...in Memento Black.

The tops of the bags were tied shut with the blue shimmer ribbon in the Key Ingredients pack, and then I tied the tag onto the blue ribbon with silver cord from AC Moore.

These treat bags (and the nuts) were reeeeally easy to make! :)

TREAT BAG RECIPE ~

Stamps: Tag Treats and Home Sweet Home (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: White StazOn, Memento Tuxedo Black, Bashful Blue
Paper: Bashful Blue
Accessories: White Tags, Blue Shimmer Ribbon, Silver Cord, SU Chalks, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Snowflake Cuttlebug Folder, 12" Cake Decorating Bags
Technique: Dry Embossing



RECIPE FOR SUGAR & SPICED NUTS ~


3 egg whites
2 tablespoons water
3 cups walnut halves
2 cups pecan halves
1 cup whole almonds
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Spread into two greased 15" x 10" x 1" baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool.

Now...how about some blog hopping to check out what Taylor and the rest of the Baker's Dozen have created for you? Here are the links: Taylor, Ana, Carol, Charmaine, Donna, Jami, Jen, Laurie, Monika, Sharon, Stephanie, and Terri.

Have fun shopping!

23 comments:

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

ADORABLE! I am going to have to try these...thanks for the recipe :)

Jackie Pedro said...

What a yummy project, Denise!!

Jami said...

Super project! I really think I need tomake some of those nuts and you have the perfect packaging idea!

Taylor said...

Denise, this is so yummy! I can't wait to try your recipe. What a sweet and easy treat to mass-produce for gifts!

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful! what a great creation :)
**Hugs** Heather x

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! I'll take 3 please.

Dawn Easton said...

Get out! LOL! These look like the treats I head for every year at Daytona!!! hahaha! Now I can make my own thanks to you my friend!
What a GREAT gift idea! Awesome sample today...very sweet ;)

Lori said...

YUMMY!!!!! Love the packaging bud!!!! Super job and I am going to try out the recipe, thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUM-O!! What a cute project!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Denise, I never thought to use the clear cake decorating bags, they're perfect! This project is so adorable, I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Denise - this is a great gift idea!!! Love those little bags!!!
Wish we could eat those yummies together - LOL!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Yummy! I wish I liked baking and cooking... love the blue color and the snowflakes on the bag. TFS!

Sharon Harnist said...

Denise, that nut recipe sounds wonderful, I'll have to try it. Love your packaging, the details are all amazing, right down to the snowflake embossed scalloped inserts -- wow!

Rose Ann said...

Such beautiful bags and tags, Denise!! So yummy too!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the idea! I am going to have to try this recipe out! My husband is a HUGE fan!

((hugs))

Terri said...

Not only is this cuter than ever, the nuts sound absolutely YUMMY! This will be a fun little treat to give away at the holidays! Great job, Denise! TFS!

Sandy said...

Adorable project, Denise!! Love the tinted snowflakes on the bag.

Jami said...

Yum!! These are fabulous - I have to make something for a bake sale this week, and this would be fabulous. Thanks for the recipe!!
hugs, Jami

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is awesome! Very cool way to gift a treat! And the recipe sounds awesome...just might have to try it!

Donna Baker said...

oooh how awesome! I love these nuts - thanks for sharing the recipe, I will have to make some this holiday!!

Mothermark said...

I came looking for these.....they are awesome! What a great idear! I love that you included the recipe! Maybe the Photographer will make some! Snort!

Love this! Thanks for sharing little buddy!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a great gift, Denise! If nuts weren't banned from my house, I'd totally make this! So, so cute!

Julia Aston said...

Yummy, yummy Denise!!! Love your bags and thanks for sharing this great recipe!