Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Fall!

Hi everyone! We went to the apple orchard down the road today, picked some apples (okay, LOTS of apples, LOL!), and let the kids play in the kiddie play area that's all set up for the fall festival this month. They climbed on hay bales, fed the goats and chickens, chased each other around the pumpkins and mums, and there was a definite fall chill in the air. It totally put me in a fall mood so I thought I'd play some more with Anna's new Give Thanks cling set from Whipper Snapper Designs. Love this tree...so FUN to color!

The tree was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa, and the leaves were colored with YR04 Chrome Orange and E08 Brown Copic markers. The white oval, brown scallop oval, and punched sentiment are all up on dimensionals. The CS and brown satin ribbon are from Papertrey. The rust grosgrain ribbon is from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. I stamped one of the flowers from the Give Thanks set on the inside of the card (5 of them) along the bottom edge.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Give Thanks cling set (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: PTI Select White, K&Company Fall Harvest mat pack DP (from Michael's)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, YR04 Chrome Orange and E08 Brown Copic markers
Accessories: PTI Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Rust Grosgrain Ribbon, Brown half-backed Pearls, Dimensionals, Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, SU Scallop Edge Punch


...now I think I'll go make some apple crisp with some of those apples we got today. My husband has the fever and chills that I had last week, so maybe that'll cheer him up. Okay, okay....and I wouldn't mind having some either. hehe! :)

19 comments:

Jami said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors of Fall, and you sure captured them with those leaves and yummy paper!! Speaking of yummy...apple crisp is my favorite! Especially with vanilla ice cream!!
hugs, Jami

Carolyn King said...

Super cute Denise! Sounds like a fun day--missing pa! lol!

Betty J Schaub said...

Awe it's beautiful Denise. I love fall and I love your card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh, this is just fabulous!!

Candy said...

Beautiful, love the fall colors and that apple crisp sounds very yummy....lol!!

Lori said...

WOW Bud!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS card!!!! Sounds like such a fun day!!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colors of the leaves. I love the paper you used and the way you placed the sentiment.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

The great colors on this card just scream Autumn to me! Love the dp and tree image. I can almost smell that apple crisp now!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Such an awesome Fall card Denise, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Denise, this is so cute and clean looking! I love it!

Sandy said...

Pretty card, Denise!! I'm trying to be strong and not get this set. Glad you and your DD had fun at the apple orchard. These is something about fall that makes me want to bake.

Oh, love the new layout of your blog.

Jamie Martin said...

Another beautiful card! Love that DP :)

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Denise!! I love the fall colors and your wonderful image!! Fabulous design, girl!!

Alison H said...

Beautiful.. that DP reminds me of a warm blanket...

Now I want a nap!

Alex said...

This is such a pretty card Denise, I love it!! Sounds like you guys had a fun day, can't wait until we go! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jackie Pedro said...

I'm crazy for trees and this one is fantastic!! There is that paper again....love it, Denise!

Denise said...

Beautiul Fall card! Feel free to send some apple crisp over here to CT--I so don't bake! ;)

Amy Johnson said...

Love the nestie oval on this one. Great image. Love all the white, LO, dp, great job!

Shirley said...

What a really beautiful Fall card.