Saturday, October 18, 2008

OCC Sketch Challenge

Today's challenge from Lynda is a sketch! We have some amazing guest designers on the OCC today, the girls have created some great samples, and there's a PRIZE!!...so be sure to check out the OCC Blog.

I used my brand new Penguin Antics set that was just released by Whipper Snapper Designs this week...one of the awesome cling sets designed by Anna Wight.

Check out that penguin on his ice skates....wanna know what he's doing on the inside of the card??...wiping out (like I probably would on ice skates), LOL! You can see a pic of the inside of the card below.

The penguins were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored with Copic markers (numbers are in the recipe below). The hat was stamped in Memento Black onto Cool Caribbean CS, then I stamped the snowflake background stamp from the Penguin Antics set over top of the penguin's hat, cut it out and paper pieced it onto the main image (when stamping the snowflake pattern over the hat, it did cover the penguin as well, but it didn't matter because it was cut out). The Cool Caribbean panel has the same snowflake pattern as the penguin's hat, also stamped in Cool Caribbean ink.

I marked holes for the PTI ribbon with the template from my SU mat pack and then punched the holes with my cropodile. A while back, I saw Taylor made a card with the ribbon threaded this way...you can see her fun card here. The Pacific Point snowflakes were punched with a Martha Stewart punch, and they're secured with sparkly blue brads that I think I got at Michael's. The white panel was embossed through the cuttlebug with the old Snowflake folder.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Penguin Antics (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Textured Pacific Point, Cool Caribbean, White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cool Caribbean
Copics: C1 Cool Gray, C5 Cool Gray, C7 Cool Gray, 0 Colorless Blender, W1 Warm Gray, BG15 Aqua, Y38 Honey
Accessories: Snowflake Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Sparkly Blue Brads, Cropodile, PTI Silver Sheer Metallic Edge Ribbon, SU Large Oval Punch
Technique: Dry Embossing


Hope you're all having a great weekend!

24 comments:

Amy said...

sooooo cute! I love the inside of your card!

Janine said...

Your cards are fabulous!! I love that you finish off the insides as well.

Jackie Pedro said...

This card is soooooo ADORABLE, Denise! The ribbon looks so wonderful....LOVE the inside!!

Jami said...

Oh my, that image on the inside is a riot!! Love that laced up ribbon! So cute!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Good Morning - my friend!!!

Your OCC card is totally cute - inside and out!!! The snowflakes are a great touch too!!!

Have a great weekend - hugs ~S~

Dawn Easton said...

Totally adorable Denise!!! The way you have done the ribbon treatment is so cool! Will have to jot that down so I can try it some day! TFS!

Betty J Schaub said...

OMG! This is adorable! The penquine is precious but that ribbon embellishment is just to die for!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job girl, I love all the blues.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh, how cute is that! Love the cross stitched ribbon and the inside of the card is like a punchline...adorable!

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love the colors and the laced ribbon. Gotta love the little penguin on the inside. Too, too cute!

JenMarie said...

PENGUINS!!!
LOVE this! Super adorable!!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh girl....your killin me with all these super cute Christmas cards! WOWie, this is so cute! Beautiful job coloring & just the whole layout is super duper cute! You might have to send me this card at Christmas too! LOL LOVE IT! :)

PS. THANK YOU for the awesome snowman card!!!!! Gosh, you spoiling me! Hugs to you my friend!

Have a great day!
Wendy

Amy Sheffer said...

That is so cute, Denise!! How clever! Fabulous interpretation of today's sketch!

Anonymous said...

How absolutely adorable! There's fabulous fun all over this. Love your laced ribbon and these Whipper Snapper stamps are too cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMgosh, this is totally adorable!! I love it!! Thanks for the birthday card too, I got it today! Big HUGS!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous! Gorgeous card, and his faceplant in the snow has me giggling.

Terri said...

This is too stinkin' cute, Denise. Love, love, love that little penguin with his face in the snow. Amazing, tfs!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh Denise, this is so cute! The little penguin is fantastic and your ribbon treatment is awesome!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Denise, cute design and layout!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Rose Ann said...

Oh...haw darling that penguin is!! I love your laced ribbon and pretty snowflakes too!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely darling!! Love how you finish your cards inside, too, and this one is so hilarious:)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just too cute Denise!! Love the penguin on the front, and the poor one doing the face plant!! Darling!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh my! That penguin on the inside just puts this card over the top! Love it!!!

Shirley said...

I need to do more cards folded like yours. I just love this penguin and the ribbon and the snowflakes really make it sing 'Happy Winter'.