Saturday, October 4, 2008

OCC Challenge - Bling!

Hi everyone and happy Saturday!

Lynda Benden will be hosting the OCC challenges this month, and her first challenge is to bring on the bling...rhinestones, glitter, basically anything shiny! Gotta love that!! :)

Be sure to stop by the OCC blog to see the gorgeous samples from the OCC girls and our guest designer this week, Michelle Boyer.

What's blingy on my card?...the gold in the ribbon (from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts), yellow stickles in the center of her painter's hat and on the teddy bear's bow, and the floral background was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with sparkly enchanted gold embossing powder.

I love these Sarah Kay stamps. This one is called Margaux is Painting. My oldest daughter is such a talented artist. She's always been such an inspiration to me and I've always admired her drawing talent. When I was shopping on the Sweet 'N Sassy site for these stamps, I just HAD to get this one because it reminds me of my daughter. This card will be for her to let her know how much I love her.

The color combo (Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla) was the SCS color challenge a couple weeks ago, guest...hosted by my friend and fellow dirty girl Cindy Lawrence...this is just the first chance I got to play with the combo. Pretty combo, thanks Cindy!

The Baja Breeze mat panel behind the main image is up on dimensionals.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Sarah Kay Margaux is Painting
Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, Fabriano Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Pink Pirouette, Basic Brown, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Versamark
Accessories: Ribbon, Dimensionals, SU Scallop Edge Punch, Yellow Stickles, Ranger Enchanted Gold EP
Technique: Watercoloring


Enjoy your Saturday!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that image, and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!

Jami said...

So beautiful!! I love the subtle glow around her, and the embossed background...just the perfect amount of bling!
hugs, Jami

Jetstudio Designs said...

Your card is so pretty. That stamp is wonderful, you are so talented, the colors are wonderful together!

Jetstudio Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a cute, cute card, Denise! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous as always! I bet your daughter will love it! TFS!

Have a great day!
Wendy

Danni said...

Very pretty card!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautifully coloured Denise!!! Your daughter will love this image...perfect for her!

Amy Sheffer said...

Darling!! I love that Sarah Kay, too - perfect for an artist. Your coloring is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Denise - your card is beautiful!!!Your image once again is darling and your coloring is fab!!! Love the wrapped around ribbon too!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is very lovely! The colors looks so awesome! Way to go!! TFS! ~Heidi

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card Denise, LOVE the sweet image and your watercoloring just blows me away!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Alex said...

WOW!!!! WOW!!!!! Did I say WOW!!!! I LOVE this - your coloring is absolutely amazing, and I love the embossed background, truly a gorgeous card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet and adorable card and your coloring is so fabulous! Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

OK...there is NO ONE that can color like you!!!! If we lived closer I would be begging you for lessons!! You are amazing, Denise!! :-)

Anonymous said...

ok...I'm a goober. I don't know how, but I linked Tosh's blog with my name. Leave it to me...

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a stunning card. I love the Sarah Kay image, but the way you have put your card together is first class!! Hugs Linda x

Lynda Benden said...

WOW, your image is so cute and your coloring is AMAZING! Love the bling too, so pretty Denise!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sweet image Denise, super job on our bling challenge.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh Denise....your colouring is so inspiring! Adorable image, and love the delicate additons of bling! Beautiful!

diane zechman said...

This is very sweet, Denise!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is the sweetest card, Denise!! Your coloring is beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable, Denise!! I love your coloring of that sweet image, and all of your sparkle!! Awesome work as always, girl!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely gorgeous, I love that image!!

Shirley said...

The card is beautiful and she is just precious beyond words.

Anonymous said...

Denise, this is so adorable! That image is too sweet and your watercoloring is absolutely perfect!

Denise said...

Beautiful, Denise. What a sweet image- she's gonna love it!! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cute card! Love that image and your coloring is awesome! TFS!