Sunday, October 26, 2008

Winter Shimmer

Hi all! This little winter house is from Anna Wight's Penguin Antics set, just released by Whipper Snapper Designs this month.

I stamped the house in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it in with Copic markers. I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the snow on the roof and on the ground. The main image and scallop mat behind it were cut with Nestabilities, and they're each up on separate layers of dimensionals.

I followed Beate's Weekend Sketch #63. Thanks, Beate!...another fun one! The blue felt snowflakes and the white pearls are available at Stamper's Dream. The Night Sky Shimmer CS and the Silver Ribbon are from Papertrey. The white panel was run through the Cuttlebug with the old snowflakes embossing folder.

On the inside of the card, there's a white panel with two snowflakes from the Penguin Antics set stamped in the lower left-hand corner in Brilliant Blue ink....I know, I really need to buy some navy ink. I can't believe I don't own any!

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Penguin Antics (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: PTI Night Sky Shimmer, PTI Select White, SU Textured Going Gray
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Brilliant Blue
Copics: C1 Cool Gray, C5 Cool Gray, C7 Cool Gray, W7 Warm Gray, G99 Olive, G94 Grayish Olive, Y38 Honey
Accessories: Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Hero Arts Felt Snowflakes, White Kaiser Adhesive Pearls, PTI Silver Sheer Metallic 3/4" Ribbon, Dimensionals, Frosted Lace Stickles
Technique: Dry Embossing

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Denise! TFS

Anonymous said...

WAIT! Did I hear you correctly? Anna Wight? Did you just say Anna Wight? THE Anna Wight? I love Anna Wight. How did you know?

Unknown said...

Denise, that card is so, so sweet! I love the blues you chose, and that image is just too adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a super cute card, Denise! Love your coloring and those beautiful felt snowflakes! Just perfect!

Have a great day!
Wendy

Paula Barin said...

Snowflakes seem to be my favourite this year and the card is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for continuing to inspire!

Shirley said...

How elegant! I really love what you did to support the beautiful work you did on the main image! Gorgeous!

Lori said...

Oh my gosh bud!!! This card is soooo beautiful!!! WOWZERS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this sweet little card!!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Denise!!! Love the stickles you added! So pretty!!!

Kim Gasper said...

What a beautiful wintery card. I love the color combination.

Jami said...

Ooooh...love that night sky paper, and those blue snowflakes with the pearls. The little house looks so cozy under all the sparkly snow!!
hugs, Jami

Janice M said...

Love the snowflakes with the pearls!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! Love the colors!!

Lisa Kind said...

This is such a sweet card, Denise! I also wanted to tell you I loved all the cards you did for the Dirty Dozen this month!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Such a pretty little scene! Love the sparkly snow and the felt snowflakes! Awesome little details!

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous - Denise!!! Fab take on the Sketch and I love all the sparkles!!!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that you have used the snowflake BG on your card...how fun we used the same sketch and the same BG today - great minds do think a like - LOL!!! It's one gorgeous card for sure!!!

Unknown said...

Great card Denise-- I have this set on the way and the texture on yours is great!

Jackie Pedro said...

Love it, Denise! This is one of my favorite sets from Anna Wight!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Amazing Denise!!! Looks like you could almost walk right up to the door.

Rose Ann said...

Your little cottage looks so pretty!! I love the sparkle and your snowflakes!!

Karen W said...

Beautiful card and I love the wintery look, thanks for the ideas.

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun is this, I love it Denise.

Denise said...

What a pretty card Denise~ I love the shimmery snow! This image makes me think of cozy winter nights by the fire with some hot cocoa and a good book. Just beautiful. :)

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card. I love the blue snowflakes.

dpkennedy said...

What a pretty scene! Beautiful card Denise!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Denise!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Denise what a very elegant holiday card. You did a lovely job I like the shimmer. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Renee said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love this!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely adorable, I forgot that image was even in there!!