Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ornament Chickadee

*ETA*
Sorry everyone! I originally posted that this is a stamp by Northwoods. That's not right...it's by Impression Obsession. What can I say, I'm a dork, LOL!


My good friend Janice (hiya, girl!) stamped a couple of these beautiful Ornament Chickadee images for me a while back. I wanted to make her a card with what she sent me so I asked her to pick a color combo. She picked black, white and red. :) Hope you like the card, Janice. I'll be sending it off to you!

The layout is Beate's Weekend Sketch #61 from this past weekend. Fun sketch! Two images were colored with Copic markers (numbers are noted in the recipe below). The chickadee from the second image was cut out and popped up on dimensionals over the first one. A second ornament was filled in with Candy Cane Stickles, cut out (after drying of course), and popped up on dimensionals. The red circle in the corner was run through the Cuttlebug with the Holly embossing folder. The circles were cut with Circle Nestabilities. The piercing along the top was done with an Ornare piercing template and piercing tool (an awesome little gift from my friend Lori), and it goes all the way through the base layer. I also pierced the same pattern on the inside of the card along the bottom edge.

The brads in the sentiment tag were put through the holes and ribbon before the ribbon was wrapped around the card. This way the "backs" of the brads do not show on the inside of the card when it's opened up. They're hidden behind the ribbon on the front of the card.

The chickadee stamp and holly embossing folder are both available at Stamper's Dream.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Ornament Chickadee (Impression Obsession), Warm Words (Impression Obsession)
Paper: PTI Select White, SU Basic Black, SU Riding Hood Red
Ink: Adirondak Black
Copics: 0 Colorless Blender, W1 Warm Gray, W3 Warm Gray, W5 Warm Gray, E51 Milky White, E57 Light Walnut, R59 Cardinal
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Nestabilities Double Ended Tags, Black Satin Ribbon, Candy Cane Stickles, Black Brads, Ornare Piercing Template and Piercing Tool, Holly Embossing Folder
Card Size: 5.25" x 5.25"


Well, my daughter has her first preschool field trip today....and I'm one of the drivers (oye!)....so, I'd better get a move on and get outta here. Enjoy your day and I hope to see you all again tomorrow. :)

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Denise, this is so adorable! Please don't me mad at me, I've got to case this, you are such a fantastic designer!

Jami said...

That bird is so sweet!! I love how you did the ornament he's holding. And what a classy color combo!! She's totally going to love this!
hugs, Jami

Lori said...

Absolutely beautiful bud!!!!! She is going to LOVE it!!!! Awesome!!
Mwah!!!

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautifully done! Love it.

Danni said...

Wonderful card! Love the ornament!

Unknown said...

I love this so much I may be casing it myself! Beautiful work, Denise! I love the Holly cuttlebugged circle, and the Candy Cane stickles on the ornament is pure genius! Gorgeous card, my friend!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Denise, love the bird and how you did the ornament!!!
Enjoy that field trip today!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love what you've done with the Sketch!!! My favorite Color Combo too - waahhooo!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my!!!! What a darling image, and so perfectly colored and popped up! LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky Janice! This card is totally adorable and chickadees are just the sweetest little birds!! Both my DH and I have actually had them eat seed from our hands!

Kathryn said...

So BEAUTIFUL -- your work is so wonderful! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my!!! This is GORGEOUS!! Your coloring is fantastic, and I love how you popped up the bird and ornament. Fabulous card Denise!! FABULOUS!!

Betty J Schaub said...

So classy looking! Love it!

LeAnne said...

So cute, Denise....I love little chickadees and this one is extra sweet!
LeAnne

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Oh this is gorgeous Denise! Great colors so classic and elegant!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Just gorgeous Denise!!

Lynda Benden said...

This is beautiful Denise! I love the colors you chose to use and the way you colored the chickadee is wonderful. Of course I really like the glitter ornament too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so pretty Denise! What a beautiful christmas card. I love the image and that Cuttlebugged background. Just perfect! Janice will love this! TFS

Wendy

Lydia Fiedler said...

I just wanted to say that you are SUCH a talented lady. Your work amazes me. Thanks for inspiring me.

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com

Janine said...

This is just beautiful Denise!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a sweet image! Love the gloss on the ornament and you worked the sketch so fabulously! Gorgeous card!

Shelly said...

This is such a beautiful card Denise!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Absolutely beautiful! I just saw the RAK you sent Beate on her blog so I came by to have a looky-loo at your blog. I'm SO glad I did! I'll be back for sure. Have a great day!

dpkennedy said...

I love Chickadee's, one of my favorite little birdies! This card is just adorable and Janice is going to love it!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...so beautiful, Denise!! I love everything about it!! The colors, dimension, piercing, embossing, ribbon!! Just gorgeous!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Denise, gorgeous, gorgeous card. LOVE the image and stunning design.

Jennifer :)

Janice M said...

I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to get it!

Shirley said...

So lovely. I think the dimensional effect is just stunning against the white background and the ornament so perfect for this time of year.

Carolyn King said...

well dork---it is GORGEOUS! what a beautiful bird....love this card!!!!

you are so funny!

Angel said...

I LOVE chickadees so this card is SO beautiful to me! Thanks for the inspiration!

Andrea said...

Oh wow, beautiful card!
xAndrea

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!! I love that bugged circle, the stickles on the ornament, and eye-popping color combo! Fabulous, as always, my friend!

Lynn Put said...

Wowza, this is wonderful! I love the bird and what you did with him and your color combination is fantastic!