Saturday, October 11, 2008

OCC Challenge - Anything but Square

Hi everyone!

Today's OCC Challenge from Lynda is to make a card that is NOT a square or rectangle. You're all welcome to play along...and be sure to check out the samples from my fellow OCC girls: Amy, Cindy, Dawn, Jennifer, Julee, Laurie, and Lynda. We also have a guest designer this week....Laura Fredrickson!!

I picked up these scalloped circle note cards at the stamp show last weekend. They're from The Paper Cut, and they came with matching envelopes too. Gotta love short cuts!!

My card is TOTALLY inspired by a card my friend Silke made. {Hiya Silke!! I hope you like the card, my friend...because I'm sending it to ya!}

You can see Silke's gorgeous card HERE...I love the pop of red against the black and white, the embossing, scallops, satin ribbon, and her stick pin with the pearls. I hope she doesn't mind that I basically CASE'd her in my card today. I kept all those basic elements but I changed out the stamps, used Plum Pudding (just happens to be one of Silke's favorites!) instead of red, and embossed with my Swiss Dots folder instead of doing the Scor-Pal lines....I would have done the Scor-Pal thing *IF* I had a Scor-Pal. Still gotta get me one of those!

I used my Butterfly Happiness set from There She Goes...love this set! The butterfly was stamped a couple times in Plum Pudding ink, once on the base circle and then again on a second piece of white CS. I cut out the second image and popped it up on dimensionals over the base layer. Purple Stickles were added to the butterfly. The white scallop circle and the black scallop circle are each up on separate layers of dimensionals. The pierced holes on the white scallop card base were done with a piercing tool and they go all the way through the back layer too.

The inside of the card has another white circle matted against a black circle (same size as the circles on the front). I stamped another one of the butterflies from the Butterfly Happiness set at the bottom.

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Butterfly Happiness (There She Goes)
Paper: White Scallop Circle Card (The Paper Cut, Inc.), SU Basic Black, PTI Select White, PTI Plum Pudding
Ink: PTI Plum Pudding
Accessories: Purple Stickles, Dimensionals, Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, SU Pretties Kit (stick pin with pearls), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, PTI Plum Pudding Satin Ribbon, Piercing Tool
Technique: Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing


Have an AWESOME weekend!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Denise. Holy moly girl - I absolutely love the card!!! Fabulous inspired card!!! Love the colors too - Plum Pudding (super yum)!!!

BTW - I don't mind that you've cased me....he,he,he, - keep those fab creations of yours coming!!!!

Enjoy your weekend - hugs!!! ~S~

Anonymous said...

An adorable card Denise, I love the way you always finish the inside of the card and show the picture of that as well.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that anonymous comment is me Denise, I hit the wrong button . . . .arggg. . . . I feel like Charlie Brown!

Jetstudio Designs said...

very pretty Denise, that card is amazing, I love all the scallops and the embelishment!

Jami said...

love these colors and yummy ribbon!! I'm really diggin' that little butterfly. I may have to get him!

Love the new blog layout too!
hugs, Jami

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful!! And we all know Silke just rocks!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Denise! What a cool find!! Gotta love short cuts!

Cindy Haffner said...

Denise, so sweet, love the colors, awesome job.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is amazing...she should totally love it!!

Renee said...

This is beautiful Denise! I love the texture and colors!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous Denise!! Love this mostly white card!! And the swiss embossed dots are so beautiful as a bg to your darling center. I have to tell ya....again...I love how you finish the insides too, and this one is so charming!! Love this card!!

Betty J Schaub said...

lovely card. looks quite victorian.

Shirley said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the circle and the inside deco too!

Jennifer Meyer said...

LOVE your beautiful card and case Denise! The design is so pretty and I LOVE the purple with the white!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Lynda Benden said...

This is just darling Denise! LOVE the colors and the cute little butterfly! Great job!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is totally gorgeous, Denise!! I love the scalloped circle shape, all of your dimension and texture, pretty colors, butterfly, and pin!! I just love it all, girl!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

This is a very lovely card. I really like the scalloped edges and the extra added touch of the beaded pin you used! Great job, tfs

Shelly said...

Beautiful round card Denise!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So gorgeous and elegant! Love your colour choices and the hat pin finishes it perfectly!

Anonymous said...

such a gorgeous card! :)

-sarah

Beate said...

Denise, this is stunning! Gorgeous!!!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

very beautiful card. Great work!