Saturday, October 25, 2008

OCC Challenge - Handmade for the Holidays

Hi all, it's Saturday...time for another fun OCC challenge! This week Lynda is challenging everyone to make a 3-D item such as a gift tag, gift box, ornament, decoration, gift, anything!)

Be sure to check the OCC blog for all the details and to link us to your projects. We can't wait to see all the fun Holiday stuff you come up with! Check out what the girls on the OCC crew have made: Amy, Cindy, Dawn, Jennifer, Julee, Laurie and Lynda...as well as our special guest designer this week, Lindsey Botkin.

I made an accordian tag holder and six tags using the new SASI Home Sweet Home set from Taylored Expressions. I'm attaching pics of what the holder looks like when it's closed and when it's open.

Tags:
Six pieces of white CS were cut to 2.25" wide x 4" high and the corners were punched with SU's tag corner punch, stamped with the cupcake snowman and Let it Snow sentiment, and colored with Copic markers (numbers are in the recipe below). Another six pieces of Basic Gray CS were cut 1/8" larger all around, the corners were punched with the tag corner punch, and then they were glued to the back of the stamped white tags. I punched six 1-3/8" circles in the blue Prism paper from the Christmas Key Ingredients, glued them to the tags, and then punched holes in each of them with my Cropodile. Ribbon was added through the punched holes.

Accordian Holder:
I pulled a sheet of the baby blue Prism paper from the Christmas Key Ingredients, cut it to 10.25" wide x 4.25" high, scored it into thirds, folded it "closed", and then used my paper cutter to snip off the corners and make each panel look like a tag. Next I cut three pieces of Basic Gray CS to 3.25" wide x 2.75" high, and then cut three pieces of white CS 1/8" smaller to mat in front of the Basic Gray. The cupcake snowman from the Home Sweet Home set was stamped onto each of the three white panels with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics (numbers are in the recipe below). Then I stamped the snowflakes from Home Sweet Home onto the white CS in Versamark and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder. The white pieces were matted against the Gray, and then I used some sticky strip along the left, right, and bottom edges to glue them to the accordian panels...that leaves the top open and makes three pockets. I inserted two tags into each of three pockets, folded the accordian holder "closed", punched holes on the left and right sides with my Cropodile, and tied them shut with the same silver ribbon.

It sounds like a lot, but these are SUPER easy to make! You can then give the whole set away as a gift or what I like to do is keep them in my purse and use them as notes....they tie onto anything! :)

RECIPE ~
Stamps: Home Sweet Home (Taylored Expressions, Stamp a Sweet Impression Collection)
Paper: Prism Baby Blue Medium, SU Basic Gray, PTI Select White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Copics: 0 Colorless Blender, W1 Warm Gray, W5 Warm Gray, W7 Warm Gray, BG15 Aqua, E49 Dark Bark, RV21 Light Pink, Y38 Honey
Accessories: PTI 1/4" Silver Sheer Metallic Edge Ribbon, Cropodile, Silver Embossing Powder, SU 1-3/8" Circle Punch, SU Tag Corner Punch
Technique: Heat Embossing


Enjoy your Saturday!! :)

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super duper cute gift idea!!! Love the accordian card with the tags - soooo cute!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I NEED to do this! You are right...it would make a fab gift! I have a girlfriend who sends so many gifts and she'd love these!!! Denise you are brilliant!!

How cute are those snowmen??!!! Totally adorable!

Dottie K. said...

Hi Denise, This is just so adorable. I love snowman and this is such a cute gift. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great weekend! :)

Lori said...

Denise!!! These are so great, I love them!!!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome project, Denise!! Love it! And I'm lovin' that little snowman cutie, too! Great gift idea!

Anonymous said...

This is SO adorable!! LOVE the colors, image, accordian...love it!!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, Denise, this is a FANTASTIC project!!! I think I'll make up a couple of these for the kiddos teachers...awesome idea!

Cindy Haffner said...

Denise I love your tags, so cute.

Jennifer Meyer said...

LOVE the fun tags Denise and those images are just too cute!! All of the samples using Taylor's NEW stamps are just too sweet!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh my word....this is adorable, Denise!! Thank you for the measurements!! This is my favorite set from Taylor's release!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just the cutest project! Love all those beautiful tags!

Ryann said...

These are as cute as a button! I love it!!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my gosh Denise, this is AWESOME! I love the colors, accordian fold and the stamps ~ SO cute! What a great gift idea!

Michelle said...

I love all your projects, Denise, but I REALLY *heart* the ones with Taylor's stamps. Those cupcakes are soooo adorable! I had never visited your blog before, but found myself contantly "oohing" over your creations on the OCC blog so here I am. Actually, I've been here for a while now.....couldn't stop looking!!! Love your style :)

Terri said...

These are super cute, Denise...the little snowman is one of my personal favorites! I am definitely playing along in this challenge!

Jetstudio Designs said...

What a great gift idea. I really like the snowman cupcake, he's cute!

Jami said...

What an awesome gift idea! I love the little snow-cakes!! Sooo cute!
hugs, Jami

Kimberly Crawford said...

cute! cute! cute!!! asbolutely adorable!! LOVE your color choices!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh definately have to make this, it's fabulous! TFS

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!!! Ohh I need to learn how to make these accordian cards because they are so cool! Yours is so cute & very festive, Denise. Awesome coloring! Love it!!

Wendy

Kim Gasper said...

I see you're still busy being a creative genius while I can barely pull my stamp clubs together these days. This is FANTASTIC!

Amy Johnson said...

This is adorable. I love it!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Denise...I just love the idea of having these little notes in my purse! Adorable and practical too!

Mothermark said...

OMG! These are adorable! Just precious! A lovely gift idea!

Taylor said...

Denise this is soooo adorable! What a clever idea and a wonderful gift for someone!

LeAnne said...

Sweet gift, love that little snow cupcake! Taylor really has made some adorable sets!
LeAnne

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE this, Denise!! What a great idea, and so cute too!! You rock, girl!!

Anonymous said...

A fabulous project Denise, love your adorable gift tags!

dpkennedy said...

OMGoodness, these are too cute! What a great idea! Your coloring and choic of paper is great!

Debbie said...

Fantastic Tag holder Denise, I love the cute snowman...brilliant gift idea.

Anonymous said...

How fun what a great project I love this idea. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Renee said...

So so cute and what a great idea!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how cute!

Tammy said...

I love these!! I just made one for a swap I'm in, but I'm having a hard time giving it up. These are so adorable that I'm going to have to check out your archived posts!!