Friday, May 9, 2008

I thought we were stamping ...and fun friends!

Today's Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS is to make a card without any stamping. I followed Amy's Sunday Sketch from last week...love this sketch, Amy! I just turned the sketch so I could use the long panel for the sentiment. I used SU's Outlaw DP, made the sentiment on the computer, sponged around the edges of the sentiment panel, and used some new goodies that I picked up yesterday.

Recipe ~
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, SU Outlaw DP
Ink: Basic Brown (sponging)
Accessories: Brown Primas, Hodgepodge Hardware Brads, Bangle Beads, 3-D Glue Dots (sentiment panel and large very vanilla panel on the base)
Technique: Sponging, No Stamping


Speaking of yesterday, I got to spend the entire day shopping with my friend Janice (catcrazy). We had a blast!! Thank you, Janice, for all the great stores you took me to. You sure can find awesome deals, girl! ...and you're just plain FUN to hang out with! Looking forward to next weekend too!

We went out for lunch at Cracker Barrel (yummm-o!), then hit Scrapbook Junction where we found some really GREAT 12x12 laser cut scrapbooking sheets (made to order even), went to Stampede (love that store!), picked up some paper at a discount store, and then made a quick trip into Michael's where I picked up the antique bangle beads (the three hardware pieces that look like brads) on the card I made today. I got the brown primas at Stampede yesterday as well. Way to put things right to use, huh?!?!

The day was even more exciting yesterday when our long-time friend Lori (LMcAree) called us while we were at Scrapbook Junction. Lori, it was great to finally hear your voice after all these months of chatting online!! You're a hoot and I can't wait for our weekend getaway. It's not too far away now! Can't wait, my friend!!

...and last, but definitely not least....my blogging friend LeAnne (wee inklings) gave me an AWARD yesterday! How sweet!! LeAnne, I'm so sorry that I missed your post yesterday since I was gone all day, but you totally made my morning!!! You're such a great friend to talk to and I can't wait to meet up with you as well. You always make me smile!

It's a rainy day here in PA....BUT....it's Friday! I hope you have an awesome day. :)

10 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

OH MY WORLD - your card is drop dead gorgeous - love everything
about it!!!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous card Denise!! Love the layout, choice of papers, all those primas and the brads.

So glad you & Janice had such a good time yesterday. Lori was so excited after she spoke to you all yesterday.

Have a great weekend!!

Alison H said...

Congrats on a well deserved award. Love the card! Even without any stamping on it, you made it so elegant!!

Hope y'all have fun next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love your card today, Denise! All those Prima Flowers are so pretty!

You were in York yesterday and didn't tell me??!! LOL I would have loved to have met up with you ladies at Stampede! Funny I was just there last Saturday and was thinking of our shopping day coming up soon! It will be wonderful to meet you & LeAnne! Can't wait!! So glad you & Janice had a great shopping day. It's always fun to stamp shop with friends!

Have a great Friday!!
Wendy

Dottie K. said...

Beautiful card Denise. I didn't realize you were near Stampede. I live in Maryland and you've sent me several RAK's. I'm about an hour away. I love to make a trip up to stampede, we don't have any great stores like that around here. Have you checked out Bonnie's Scrapbooking on Market Street in York. A very nice store, just wished I lived closer. I'll have to add you to google. Dottie K.

Janice M said...

I had so much fun can't wait till our next shopping day! Sounds like we might have a new stop to add to our list! Love the card, the primas look great on there! I need to get a pack of those flat brad looking things next time. Can't wait till next friday!

Carolyn King said...

that is an awesome card--love what you did without stamps too (gasp!)

Kim said...

Wow Denise, beautiful card (as usual). Sounds like you and Janice had a great time - I'm envious and wished I lived closer :) Kim stampinscrapnewbie

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous Denise...I love what you did with the sketch, and your flowers are awesome! Beautiful card!

Sandy said...

Oh my what a STUNNING card!!