Hi everyone! Today Jessica is announcing her newest Design Team members. Check it out on her blog! Lots of serious talent coming on board!
Starting tomorrow and continuing through Friday, we'll be showing you sneak peeks of three new TSG sets plus one mini sentiment set. This will be my last release with There She Goes. Jessica is bringing on some fresh faces and my six months as a DT member will be done at the end of March. Even though I won't be on the DT, I'll still be using her stamps though! They really are great quality stamps!
Now....remember on Sunday you were asked to submit a question to the TSG design team? Well, here are the favorite questions. My answers are below and here are links to some more TSG team members so you can see their answers: Jessica, Jessie, Maki, Joanne, Becky, Christi, Bev, Wendy, Angela, Julie, Jodi, Holly and Stephanie.
1. What do you typically start a project with? What's picked first: stamps, embellishments, DP, colors? It totally depends on what I'm working on. If it's sneak peeks or a sketch challenge, then I pick my stamps first and pull the CS colors/DP to go with the image. If it's a color challenge, then I'll pull a stamp based on what would go with the colors.
2. Do you give away your cards, sell them, send them or hoard them? I mostly send mine to friends and family. Some I hoard for a while though. I haven't gotten into selling them...I'm always afraid that selling them will make it feel like a *job* and I don't want my card making to become a job.
3. If you could design your own stamp or stamp set, what would it be? Something with cute little animals/characters, maybe something beachy...definitely images that could be colored.
4. Where do you get your inspiration? I'm definitely inspired by my oldest daughter (the true artist) and fellow stampers. The SCS galleries are a GREAT source of inspiration! Challenges are a great place to start...especially sketch challenges (in my opinion). Nature is a great source of inspiration too.
5. How do you balance your stamping time with your personal time/work/kids/etc? Typically I stamp in the morning when my youngest is watching cartoons or when she's at preschool, afternoons are usually set aside for running errands (mom's taxi service, grocery store...I feel like I'm always at the grocery store, LOL!), evenings are when I work or *try* to go to the gym. Sometimes I set up my 4-year-old at the craft table with me...she stamps with her kid stamps and I stamp with mine.
6. What is your favorite embellishment? Shimmerz!
7. What is something that not a lot of people know about you? I don't like to talk on the phone, LOL!
8. On average how long does it take to create one of the cards we see each week? My cards take anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours.
9. What is your favorite coloring medium? I switch back and forth between Copics and watercoloring, but watercoloring is still my favorite.
10. What time of day do you prefer to do your creating? Morning
A few of you had questions specifically for me that aren't answered above so I'll include those here too...
Terri: I definitely prefer to pick the colors of my CS/DP for my card and then color the main image. What do you prefer?
Kimberly: Yep, sometimes I sit down to make something and it just does NOT come together. Definitely no fun. In those cases, I just have to walk away and come back later.
Debbie: I've been stamping for almost two years now...time flies! I don't think I have a signature style. If I do, I'd love to hear what it is, LOL!