Thursday, April 30, 2009
When I got this Girl Time Set with all the girly-girl images and sentiments, I immediately thought of my cousin, Linda, and making something for her with the set....she's ALL about purses (especially purses), shoes, shopping, and girly-girl things like that! Then when I saw Maki's post with this handbag card, I thought that's it, that's what I'm going to make for Linda...who's the definition of the term "40 and fabulous!"
Here's a close-up so you can see the clear flower rhinestones I added to the letter "i" in "Divas" and to the clasp on the purse.
Most of the products I used on my project can be found at Stamper's Dream. Scroll down to the Supply List for product links.
Here's a tutorial on how I made my handbag and card. You can click on any of these photos for a larger view.
- Seal a regular #10 envelope closed:
- Cut the envelope to 5.5" high, and then give it a decorative edge with one of your punches or dies. I used a Spellbinders Victorian Border Pierceabilities template for my bag. After cutting the border, my envelope is now 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
- Cut two pieces of CS to 4" x 5-1/4" for the front and back of the bag. The panel for the back will hide the seam in the #10 envelope. My CS bases are Prism Crabapple Light. Then decorate the front panel (or both panels) just like you would decorate a card front. I embossed both the front and back panels with my Paisley Impressabilities template.
- Glue the front and back panels to the envelope and then punch holes in the top for the "handles" of the bag. I used the May Arts 5/8" Sheer Rose Ribbon for my handles.
- Cut a third piece of colored cardstock to 3-3/8" x 4-7/8" for the inside tag/card, then layer a white panel over top of that. Mine is cut 1/8" smaller all around. The Brown Suede circle tab was made with a 1-1/4" circle punch, then I just punched another hole in it with my Cropodile and ran some more Sheer Rose Ribbon through it.
That's it! All three of my circles are up on dimensionals and I tied knots on the inside of the bag to secure the ribbon handles. Just like Maki mentioned in her post, if you limit the dimensionals or foam tape (I never limit the use of them, LOL!) and fasten the handles somehow that doesn't make the bag too thick, the entire bag and card insert will fit in a regular A2 envelope!
SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: JustRite Girl Time Set
Paper: Prism Crabapple Light, Prism Smooth CS-Simply White, Penny Lane Tiny Dancer DP, Prism Suede Brown Medium
Ink: Memento Cocoa
Accessories: 2" JustRite Wooden Stamper, May Arts Sheer Rose 5/8" Ribbon, Spellbinders Paisley Impressabilities, Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, Clear Flower Rhinestones, Spellbinders Victorian Border Pierceabilities, Dimensionals, Diamond Glaze (to glue down the clear rhinestones), Cropodile
Have a great day!