Sunday, June 15, 2008

Who's Dirty?

Have you seen the latest dirty girl news on Splitcoast??????????

I was asked to join the design team!!

OMG!..the Dirty Dozen...little ole' me. Wow, huh??

When I was away at the beach last month, I received a phone call...that's right a phone call...from Jenn Balcer asking me what I was "doing for the next six months." {holy cr*#!} Yeah, I was feeling pretty giddy...TRIED so hard to play it cool {how did I do, Jenn?}, but oh man, I was shaking!! LOL!

Two of my stamping friends were with me that weekend, right in the room with me while I was on the phone with Jenn, and promised us that they'd keep the secret. Lori and Janice, what a huge secret to have to keep for an entire month! Thank you, and I'm really glad you were both there to share the excitement.

I'm so glad the secret is out and I can finally TALK about it, LOL! I was so afraid I'd give it away and people would guess....actually some of you DID start making guesses. It was all I could do to avoid those questions too, LOL! So anyway, if I've "disappeared" from threads or if I've been more quiet and haven't been producing as many challenge cards, now you know why. {smile}

If you're a member of the SCS Fan Club, be sure to check out all the awesome projects the dirty girls have put together for this month's theme. You'll love them!

So...onto the card. I made this card for my awesome "roomie" Carole (TruCarMa), who was also introduced as a new dirty girl this month. Hi Carole, I hope you like the card.

I thought the Muddy Pup image from Whipper Snapper would be a cool image for a "dirty girl" card. Check out the pup's little face. Doesn't it just look like the pup is asking, "WHO?" hehe! The image was sent to me by my friend Janette (blessingsx3). Thanks, Janette! The puppy circle is up on a layer of dimensionals, and the Pretty in Pink circle behind it is up on a second layer of dimensionals. The star with the question mark was made on the computer, printed twice, cut out, and layered with dimensionals as well. The white panel at the top is sponged in Pretty in Pink around the edges, and the Who's Dirty sentiment was made on the computer. The inside of the card has a white panel with Close to Cocoa sponged around all four edges. Then I stamped the star stamp from the Background Basics set along the bottom in Pretty in Pink.

Recipe ~
Stamps: Whipper Snapper Muddy Pup, SU Background Basics
Paper: Kraft, White, Pretty in Pink, Sandylion Designs DP (from Michael's)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Prisma Pencils
Accessories: Berry Sorbet Ribbon, Brown Organdy Ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Pink Stickles, Pink Swarovski Crystals
Technique: Gamsol Magic

I'm going to be offline for a few days doing some camping at one of my favorite places here in PA! Thanks for stopping by today and I'll check back in with you later in the week....with camping pics!

34 comments:

Sandy said...

YAY Denise!! You really deserve to be a "dirty girl" ... lol. Have fun!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Congratulations and who more deserving than you to be a "dirty girl?" Your work is always fabulous and I watch check out your blog and 2peas posts daily.

Wonderful and exciting news!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Denise, your so deserving of being a "dirty girl"! What an honor!

Congratulations!!

Mimi Hornberger said...

That's fabulous! I can't wait to see even more of your fabulous creations! Way to go! XO, Mimi

Kim said...

Denise, congratulations! This is so awesome and can't wait to see even more of your creations in the DD gallery :) Kim stampinscrapnewbie

Lori said...

Congrats to you bud!!!! I am still as excited for you as the day we had the honor to be with you when you heard the news!!!!! I am glad the secret is out and we can all talk about this honor that is truely deserving to you!!!!!
Mwah!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Congrats Denise, what a sweet card, love it.

Jackie Pedro said...

Huge congrats to you, Denise!! What an incredible honor!!!

Oh, and your card is darling...love the WS image!!

Dawn Easton said...

Yah! Denise you are going to be such a fabulous Dirty Girl!! I'm so super excited for you!!! Just finished browsing the gallery...wow...awesome stuff this month!
Your card for Carole is really cute too!
Have fun on your trip...will miss ya!

Jennifer Aviles said...

I think you did pretty well, Denise! WELCOME! :D We're so happy to have you! CUTE card!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to check them out!

Your dog card is soo cute!

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations, you dirty dirty girl!! Tee, hee, hee!! Love your adorable card you made for your roomie!! Have fun camping!! :D

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! Super cute card, too!

Dottie K. said...

Congrats Denise! You go girl! Love the card. :)

Mary Jane said...

Congratulations Denise! How exciting.

Judy Rozema said...

EEEEEK!!!! I am so happy for you -- you so deserve it!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Congratulations Denise!!! You are a FABULOUS designer and I can not wait to see you get dirty!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Congrats Denise. I told you it wouldnt be long.LOL... Looking forward to seeing your dirty creations.

Janette said...

Awesome Denise- I am thrilled for you and you deserve it! Have fun. I love what you did with the muddy pup image- great card.

Carolyn King said...

CONGRATULATIONS girl! Great card to celebrate too!

Carolina said...

Congrats Denise...glad they picked you to be a "dirty girl" Can't wait to see all the wonderful items you'll be creating in the upcoming months!

Julia Aston said...

Congratulations Denise!!! how exciting and scary at the same time!!! I know you'll do the pile proud!! going to check it all out right now!!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Aaack! Just came by to get your blog addy, and what to my wondering eyes should appear?! I LOVE it!!!!!!! You are too, too sweet, roomie! (I'm a HUGE dog person, btw!)

LeAnne said...

Wahoo! You go girl! That is just the most awesome thing around--you are very deserving of this DG honor!
LeAnne

Patsy said...

Congratulations on being picked for the DD. I love your card. This card is perfect to go with your annoucement. Love it.

Meow said...

Congratulations! Your work is fabulous.

Renee said...

Congratulations Denise! I'm so happy for you!! You will make a good "dirty girl" hehe! What I mean is your cards are awesome including your recent card I love checking your blog daily to see what's new!

Renee

Alex said...

Congratulations Denise - I just read the news on Carolyn's blog and thought I would pop over and tell you how awesome that it is!! I love your doggy card, stinkin' adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

PaperSunshine said...

Denise! CONGRATS Girl! Wooo Hooo! Both you and Michelle, how awesome! I love your cards and love your blog and have been proud to play along with our little challenges with you. You do definitely deserve it.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your fantastic news!! This card is so cute, I really love this layout and keep meaning to try it out. Hopefully I will get round to it soon!!

xx :0)

Giovana said...

Congratulations Denise!!!!
You are great.

God bless
Giovana

Anonymous said...

Hey you - my favorite Dirty Girl!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You already know how super excited I'm and you sooooooo deserve it!!!! Have fun and I can't wait to see what you will create!!!

BTW - your card is super cute and your roomie is gonna love it!!!

Janice M said...

Congrats Denise!! You deserve it!!It was an honor to be able to share in your secret, we had a blast that weekend!

Jan said...

Congratulations Denise! You sooo deserve it!

By the way, that card is just ADORABLE!