Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DTGD2010 - Julie's Challenge



Julie (justwritedesigns) Warner is hosting a Dare to Get Dirty Challenge today, and I'm so honored to be one of her sample makers. Thanks, Julie!! If you're a fan club member on SCS, be sure to check out her challenge and play along if you get a chance. FUN!

For my card, I used this sweet Jean-Luc Playing Ball with Claude stamp that I got from Stamper's Dream. The image was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, colored with Prisma pencils, blended with Gamsol, and I added Stickles to the flowers, patches, collar, and ball. The Vintage Cream oval is up on foam tape and I did the ribbon pleating with Scor-Pal tape. The sentiment is from my Flourishes Violets set. It's a clear-set so I was able to "curve" the sentiment around the oval. The DP is Report Card by October Afternoon.



Have a great day!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Stampavie Jean-Luc Playing Ball with Claude, Flourishes Violets
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, October Afternoon Report Card DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Orange Peel Stickles, Candy Cane Stickles, Ribbon, SU Ivory Hardware, Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Foam Tape, Scor Pal Tape

22 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my gosh, Denise -- this is SO sweet! The papers are perfect for that adorable image! :)

dolcreations said...

Denise this is a another beauty! I love that navy paper in the background and the embossed swiss dots on the top! LOVE the ribbon applied to the card like that! You work amazingly with copics and with prismas...wow!

chris said...

Hi Denise, this is a beauty, I adore it, and such a useful stamp would suit all kinds of age groups.
hugs chris xx

Unknown said...

So, so cute Denise! I love what you do with those Sarah Kay images. I think you need some new ones, huh? LOL! Love your card!!!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Denise!! GORGEOUS layout and I LOVE all the texture and those FABULOUS brads! This image is BEAUTIFUL, and of course, beautifully colored!

Renée said...

This is adorable, Denise! I LOVE the colours and all the fun texture!

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Such a beautiful job Denise! Love your card..it makes me smile :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

This is so sweet and cute Denise!! I havent pulled out my prismacolor pencils in forever!! I always love the soft look you get when coloring with them!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so precious.....and what a cutie of a lad

Silke Ledlow said...

I agree...totally precious!!! Sweet card and I'm lovin' the colors & embossing!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! This is darling girl! LOVE the sweet sweet image!

Tina said...

OMGosh, this card and image is adorable! I love your ribbon!

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image, Denise!!! You worked some awesome magic with those Prismas and I LOVE the papers and colors you used!!! Love your gorgeous ribbon treatment, too!!!!!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Denise & sod beautifully coloured - sweet!!
Clairex

Carol L said...

Adorable image and card! I love how you layered the ribbon and the vanilla HPH is the perfect accent!

Amy Johnson said...

This is absolutely striking! I just love it. I love the color/paper combo, the embossed panel, how you curved the sentiment, the brads, and that ribbon. Beautiful image and coloring too!

Sue from Oregon said...

this is just the cutest image ever! Adorable!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just too cute!!

JD/ Jill said...

So cute...

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just a fabulous card, Denise! I can't thank you enough for making this sample. It's just over the top wonderful and so are you!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

OMGosh, such a perfectly sweet card! Great job!