Saturday, July 17, 2010

DTGD2010 - LOST



Hey there! The Dare to Get Dirty 2010 Challenges have started over on SCS. If you're a fan club member, head on over and check them out.....FUN! I made this card for Bev's Challenge. My card is based on the show LOST. I know, the show is off the air but I just hadda make a card for it....it was my all-time favorite show...EVER!

Remember Jacob's little run-down house in the jungle?....doesn't this image from OCL's Sandy Sunsets remind you of that? .....



Ooooooooh, spooky! I added some Platinum Stickles along the sand, sponged the main image with Sage Shadow and Creamy Caramel, and tattered up the edges....after all, everyone on that island looked pretty tattered, didn't they?

You can find Our Craft Lounge stamps at Inspiration Emporium.....and (eeks!) they're going to be selling some of my cards (including this one that I'm showing you today) in the very near future. I've never sold my cards before so this is all new and exciting to me!

Have a fantastic day!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: OCL Sandy Sunsets
Paper: Kraft, Black, Vintage Cream, Graphic45 On the Boardwalk DP
Ink: Black, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Platinum Stickles, Hemp Twine, Piercing Tool & Mat Pack

15 comments:

Dawn B. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Denise.. I am really starting to get into silhouette stamps.. The sponging is perfect.. Great job.

Carol L said...

You really did capture the feel of "Lost" with this GREAT card! I LOVE that image and what you've done with it! Congrats on selling your cards, I know they won't be around very long!! Have a great weekend!

dolcreations said...

This is awesome Denise! Your inspiration card is perfect! Your cards are going to sell like hot cakes!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

chris said...

Love it, love it, love it.
so fabulous.

hugs chris xx

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! Your image is perfect for your favourite show!! Love the sponging girl! Fabulous job!

Joanne (jojot) said...

looks LOST to me...fabulous with the distressing

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How pretty!! I just love the distressed edges and your background Denise!! Your image shows your perfect show perfectly!!

dpkennedy said...

I love this image! Your idea is fantastic! I always love your simple but perfect layouts!

Amy Johnson said...

Yes! This really does look like Jacob's house! Love how you did the sky, the distressing, piercing, and twine! Great job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty!!

Kathy Jones said...

I laughed when I saw you'd used LOST as your inspiration for this challenge --- totally perfect for you!!!! This is a gorgeous card - love the sponging and the colours you've chosen are perfect!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabo! Perfect for the show. Great distressing and love love the colors.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

LOVE your card Denise!! The sky and ground look amazing, and love the tatteredness (is that a word? well, it is now!!).

dinkuminkum said...

Hi Denise,
You are so right - your card evokes LOST perfectly, and LOST definitely is the best programme ever! I can't believe we won't every be getting a new season :(