Friday, July 23, 2010

DTGD2010 - Orange Hibiscus

Hi there! Here's another Dare to Get Dirty card to share with you. This one is for Joan's challenge. Back when I was a dirty girl, one of the monthly themes was "colors of the rainbow" and I was lucky enough to team up with her to make all the orange cards for that month.....and she's been my "orange buddy" ever since. Love ya, Joan! I had so much fun with this!



The card also combines craftycaro and rsalamon's challenges. If you're a Fan Club Member on SCS, head on over to the DTGD Challenge Forum and check out the details of all the challenges. I think you have until August 1st to complete all the challenges and then you'll be entered to win a prize!

I'd been oooohing and aaaahing over these Verve hibiscus stamps for so long and wanted them so much.....and my good friend Dawn bought them for me for my birthday.....sooo incredibly sweet of her! The large white panel with the scored lines is up on foam tape, so is the oval and one of the hibiscus (the one in the middle). I added some orange peel stickles to the centers of all three hibiscus and added some orange mini flower rhinestones under the sentiment. Here's a close-up:



Have an awesome day!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Verve Hibiscus and Heartfelt Thanks Plain Janes
Paper: White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Apricot Appeal
Copics: YR00, YR21, Y38, YR04
Accessories: ZVA Creative Mini Flower Rhinestones glued down with small dots of Diamond Glaze (from Stamper's Dream), Foam Tape, Orange Peel Stickles, Oval Nestabilities, Wide Orange Ric Rac Ribbon (from Sharon's Ribbon Store), Scor Pal, Sponge

25 comments:

chris said...

Its perfect Denise, truly perfect.
hugs chris xx

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Absolutely stunning Denise!!

Cassie_lu said...

such a pretty card and i love how the orange just pops off the white

dolcreations said...

I love this Denise! Truly perfect! I love the idea of scoring the white cardstock and then popping the Hibiscus on top. The mini flower rhinestones are beautiful! Love it Denise!!!!!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card...

Jodi Collins said...

I remember that month! I had yellow...I don't think I made a yellow card since! LOL! This is GORGEOUS! LOVE the clean layout and the stamps you used!

Carol L said...

Well wasn't that sweet of Dawn to get this stamp set for your birthday! You did a great job using it with the orange - I love that giant ric-rac!!

Becky said...

what a great friend..This is just gorgeous.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So gorgeous Denise!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Denise! The flowers and ric rac really pop behind the simply scored background!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Denise.

Hugs Riet.xx

Broni said...

This is so gorgeous, Denise! Love that orange!!!

Betty Wright said...

Denise, this is wonderful! I love the scored background and the three little flowers. Great design! Terrific card!

Tina said...

Lovely card! I love Hibiscus, they are my favorite ;)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning!! I so love your layout and the ric rac. I am so busy preparing for going away again next week I have not had a chance to play. I so want to after being inspired by your gorgeous creation!!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Denise ... I can see why you desperately wanted this stamp! Sweetest thing!Aren't you a lucky girl to have such a NICE friend to buy them for your b'day! Did I miss your birthday???? I have so missed popping by your blog! (2 weeks holiday with no internet access ... and then another week of school hols + another week of catch up!) I have not allowed myself to do blog hopping until the priority jobs were done! (Although it is one of my fav things to do!) I am off to scroll through the posts I have missed over the last 4 weeks!!! I'm sure I will want to comment on everything ... I soooo love THIS BLOG!!! And ... I hope I find out when your b'day was ... so I don't miss it next year! Hope to be back regularly again, soon! Hugs Andrea xxx PS You are such an encouragement ... your visits to my blog always bring a big smile to my face! xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Denise ... I can see why you desperately wanted this stamp! Sweetest thing!Aren't you a lucky girl to have such a NICE friend to buy them for your b'day! Did I miss your birthday???? I have so missed popping by your blog! (2 weeks holiday with no internet access ... and then another week of school hols + another week of catch up!) I have not allowed myself to do blog hopping until the priority jobs were done! (Although it is one of my fav things to do!) I am off to scroll through the posts I have missed over the last 4 weeks!!! I'm sure I will want to comment on everything ... I soooo love THIS BLOG!!! And ... I hope I find out when your b'day was ... so I don't miss it next year! Hope to be back regularly again, soon! Hugs Andrea xxx PS You are such an encouragement ... your visits to my blog always bring a big smile to my face! xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooops! Feel free to delete my repeated comment! Sorry ... have no idea how that happened! xxaxx

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty, Denise! I love the crisp orange and white. Beautiful design and fabulous wide ric rac.

Barbara said...

This is just beautiful, Denise!

Marisa said...

Great orange card, Denise. Love those Verve flowers and your scoring. Fun rick rack ribbon too - great card.

Elaine said...

Very pretty! Love the orange and those flowers are great!

Kathy Jones said...

Simply FABULOUS!!! Love the scored BG and that awesome ric rac and those hibiscus are gorgeous - aren't you lucky to have such a wonderful friend!!!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

What a pretty card, you do such great coloring (I guess that's what it's called) :)

Joan Ervin said...

WOWIE!!!! This is FANTABULOUS, my little orange buddy!!!!! I LOOOVE your new hibiscus stamps and all the gorgeous orange....Whoohoo!!!! Thanks sooo much for making a sample for my challenge...it was like going back in time!!! Love ya too, gf!!!