Sunday, July 4, 2010

A weekend to celebrate!

Hey all! Happy 4th of July, happy birthday to me, and a big ole' happy (belated) anniversary to my girl Dawn and her awesome hubby! It was their wedding anniversary on Friday so if you get a chance, stop by and send her some big happy anniversary wishes. This card is for you Dawn and it's now in the mail and on it's way to you. Hope you like it....



I went with red, white and blue colors for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge. The Penny Black stamp is called Kisses and it's available at Stamper's Dream. I stamped the image four times....once on the cream base, once on the blue star DP, and twice on MME Bella Bella French Flea Market DP (the backside which is cream with a light tan sanded pattern). I cut out the bow and tag from one of the MME images, colored the bow and ribbon with a light blue Prisma pencil and blended it with Gamsol, added some Silver Stickles to it, and paper pieced it over the gift. Then I cut out just the tag from the second stamped MME image and popped that up on foam tape over the other one. I added some May Arts silver cord through the tag and bow. The kraft mat behind the main image is also up on foam tape.

Here's a close-up so you can see the dimension and sparkle (remember, you can click on all my photos to make them bigger) ...



I wish you all a very FUN and SAFE holiday!!

*Edited to Add*
......and the weekend gets better and better....Kevin Harvick just won in Daytona!!! Yeah baby!!!





SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Penny Black Kisses
Paper: Kraft, Real Red, Misc Blue Star DP from Mike's, My Mind's Eye French Flea Market Bella Bella DP, Vintage Cream
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Prisma Pencils and Gamsol, Silver Cord, Foam Tape, Silver Stickles, Silver Stars, Sewing Machine and Thread
Card Size: 5" Square

28 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

awwww girlfriend you truly are THE BEST stampin' friend EVER! This card is stinkin' adorable!!! So glad I could be here first to comment! Lucky for me, I'm still up watching this LATE race....on pins and needles!
HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS SUPER SPECIAL!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute!! Love it!!

Becky said...

This is so cute, love this.

Carol L said...

Happy Birthday Denise! I have a close friend who was also born on July 4th, and she loves that there's always fireworks on her birthday! What a great way to celebrate every year, eh?
Your card is really cute and I'm sure Dawn will love it! I managed to stay up to watch the whole race too, but I'm draggin' this morning :) I knew you'd be jumping for joy when Kevin won :) Daytona races always seem to be 6 hours long!
Have a wonderful birthday and holiday celebration today!

Joey said...

Happy Birthday Denise! Fabulous card love the stitching, thanks for joining us at penny black saturday. Joey.xxx

Kath Stewart said...

happy birthday denise and wow such a gorgeous card...love that sweet image and all your sparkles...enjoy what's left of the weekend...and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

dolcreations said...

Happy Birthday Denise.
My favourite colours together are red, white and blue. I love Kraft cardstock too....this one is a beauty. Dawn is soooo lucky to be receiving this in the mail. I am lovin the silver stars on the bottom too. You hit this one out of the ball park! Have a fantastic birthday!

Gabriela said...

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I wish I were
As young as You!

Happy Birthday Kiddo.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Such a cute card and many happy returns too!

Pooh Bear x

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Woo hoo Kevin!!! Man was that a long race or what?!LOL!! Love this card you made for Dawn! So sweet! Love all the silver!!

Barbara said...

What a super sweet card, Denise! Love all the dimension!

chris said...

Denise its perfect.
Happy 4th of July , love chris xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise,i love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue from Oregon said...

what a darling little hedgie peeking around the pkg! Love how you added all the layers!

Joan Ervin said...

Happy Birthday my little orange buddy...sending a great big cyber {{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}your way!! Your card is adorable, Denise...Dawn and her DH are going to love it!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Awww, such a sweet image. I love that little creature peeking out behind the present. Love the silver stars on the present and how you did the tag. Great job!

Janice M said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Denise!!! Hope it was a good one! Your card is adorable as always.

Whimsey said...

I KNEW when I saw the title of your post there would be SOME reference to Kevin!!! LMBO! What a GREAT race!

Happy birthday; mine is next week - the 12th! I love birthdays!

Off to visit your daughter's blog and wish her happy anniversary; hope you had a fabulous weekend!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! I hope it was a good one, and you celebrated in style! :D

LOVE this adorable card...way cute!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cute card Denise. Love that image... great colors... and those silver stars are perfect. :o)

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday, Denise! Trusting your got spoiled by your family and feel special :D Our anniv. was on the 1st - can I get a card too LOL! Just kidding. Wonderful card and I'm glad your guy did well at Dayton :D

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, stunning card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black, hope to see you agin next week.

Liz x

Susan (rainy) said...

Happy birthday, Denise! What a fun time to celebrate your special day, too. And I love the card you made for Dawn. Absolutely ADORABLE!!

LeAnne said...

OH DEAR....I missed your b-day, shame on me! This will need to be remedied! This card is adorable--those little stars are CUTE!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW super cute card Denise!!! I just love these sweet PB images!!! The 3D bow and stars are awesome!!!

It was so fun talking to you yesterday!!! Enjoy your time on the beach!!! Hugs ~S~

Rose Ann said...

This is soooo cute, Denise! And a belated Happy Birthday to you!! I hope it was wonderful!!

Dawn B. said...

Awww she must have loved this.. What a sweet card for an anniversary.. Made me giggle.. Your photography is amazing.. I know I tell you that each time but it really makes your card look professional...Great job.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a very sweet card...that image is precious....the details are perfect....wonderful