Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Adrift



Hey all, I'm back with a second post for today. I wanted to play with the colors in today's Color Throwdown challenge, especially after seeing Danielle's cute card with the monkey floating in the tube. It reminded me of this cute Penny Black Adrift image I got from Michelle at Stamper's Dream.

The layout is today's SCS Sketch 228. Two images were stamped, the second was cut out and popped up on foam tape. The curved rectangle nestie is also up on foam tape. The lemons on the saffron panel are from my Margaritas clear set. They're heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Waterfall Stickles were added to the water and the ice cube in *Fat Cat's* (uh huh, that's his name) drink. Three more lemons were stamped and heat embossed on the inside of the card, down in the lower left-hand corner.

Here's a close-up:


SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: Penny Black Adrift, Impression Obsession Margaritas
Paper: PTI Select White, So Saffron, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Black, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon, Button, Thread, Yellow Hero Arts Gems, Curved Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Waterfall Stickles, Bubbles Embossing Folder
Card Size: 4.75" Square
Technique: Heat Embossing, Gamsol Magic, Dry Embossing


Have an awesome night!

31 comments:

LeAnne said...

Heehee, what a cutie--you guys are setting a trend here! Thanks for playing again, Denise! I love it, especially his little glass!!

Christi Flores said...

Too stinkin' cute!!

mudmaven said...

That is just too cute! Love those PB kitties. ~chris

Jeanette - said...

So cute Denise! I love that sweet image!

Stacy Morgan said...

Too cute!

Connie M. said...

This is just sooo adorable, Denise! I love this CB folder with this image!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet Denise!! This is so adorable!!! :) TFS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

TOTALLY adorable!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely adorable.....

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Really cute! Great job on the challenge!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love this pretty color combination and that beautiful ribbon treatment, Denise! This cool cat sure looks happy just to be drifting along. SO cute!

ChristineCreations said...

EEE! He's so cute Denise! I love that colored twill too, and the bubbles. Great color combination!

Danni said...

I love how you used the cuttlebugged background with this fun image! Very nice!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You know I am another Penny Black Fan Denise!! This is gorgeous!! Love the colors and your coloring is awesome!!

Jami said...

I wanna be him...floatin' in a tube with a margarita in hand!! I love love LOVE these colors!!

Carol L said...

cute as a button!! I love the embossed b/g and sweet little image. I'd like to be adrift on a day like today:)
Carol

Alex said...

This is totally cute Denise - I love that embossing girl!!! Two in one day - what a treat!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Renee said...

Too cute! I love the image and your color combo...fantastic :)

diane zechman said...

very cute, Denise! I love the button on your ribbon!

Kathryn said...

Love your card -- so cute ! Great image and the embossed background is perfect ! :)

Sylvia said...

Really cute card!

Jan Castle said...

Such a cute card!!!!
Jan Castle

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Broni said...

Oh, how cute is this??!! Love your colors and how you used the big clear button on top of the bow!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - this is tooo cute!!! The CB embossed BG looks perfect with this image :)!!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh how cute! Lemonade and a drift on clear blue water...what could be better?! Glad my monkey inspired you! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Super adorable Denise!!

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable image and I love how you popped it up..the bugged background makes a mighty cool lookin background, too!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, and I love how your background looks like bubbles!! I also love your ribbon treatment with the clear button!!

Pam Sparks said...

this is so cool! love the unusual colors and all the extra elements that really make this a one of a kind card!
Pam Going Postal

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is SO adorable, Denise! What a cute image! Sorry I'm so late, but thanks for playing Throwdown #42!