Monday, May 25, 2009

Flourish with Flowers

Hi everyone and Happy Memorial Day to ya!



My card today doesn't really have anything to do with Memorial Day, but it's a card I wanted to show you. The stamp was illustrated by my friend Jami Bova and you can get it at 2 Red Bananas. It's heat embossed in Ranger Gold Tinsel EP (has to be THE most sparkly EP I've ever worked with!), watercolored with reinkers, and her wings were painted with Candle Light Shimmerz. The Gold scalloped mat and mat behind the DP is Metallic/Mica Gold from the Paper Temptress. I'm tellin' ya...this is one sparkly and shimmery card!

Here's a close-up. The main image, scalloped mat behind it, and the largest gold mat on the card base are all up on foam tape:



SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: 2RB Flourish with Flowers
Paper: PTI Select White, Gold Metallic/Mica, Misc DP (from Michael's), Watercolor Paper
Ink: Black Craft, Soft Sky, Blush Blossom, Cranberry Crisp, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Basic Brown
Accessories: Ranger Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder, Candle Light Shimmerz Paint, Gold Cord, PTI Gold Ribbon, Rectangle and Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Foam Tape
Technique: Watercoloring, Heat Embossing, Dry Embossing


I hope you have a very safe and fun holiday!

24 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Hey girl! Happy Memorial Day to you!

This image is beautifully coloured...love that gold ep....so pretty!

Catch up with you this evening!

Becky said...

What a beautiful image, love the colors for this, and the ribbon is gorgeous.

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW, girl!!! This is stunning! How beautiful embossed in gold, too. Happy Memorial Day!

Carol L said...

How pretty!!! I love all the gold on this sweet image!
Happy Memorial day!

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love your layout and coloring ... I'm always inspired by your work!!

Happy Memorial Day to you & yours!!

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty Denise, the gold really does accent this image well. The ribbon is awesome too boot.

Alex said...

Absolutely stunning Denise!!! What an amazing card, WOW!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

April said...

Beautiful!!!!

Riet said...

Wowwww Denise,what a BEAUTIFUL card,l love the image and COLOUR.

Hugs Riet.x

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Denise - this image looks fabulous embossed!!! Absolutely gorgoeus card - GF!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card, Denise...the gold embossing and your fabulous watercoloring make for such an elegant and spectacular work of art!!!! Thanks soooo much for sending me that MAGNIFICANT orange card you made for my FS challenge...It's soooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! I will treasure it always!!!

Denise said...

Absolutely Stunning!! Hope you are having a fun weekend.

Nadia said...

Beautiful, Denise!Happy Memorial day!

Michelle Woerner said...

Love this! All the gold is so precious with this lovely image. Isn't Jamie the BOMB!?!

And great Whiff of Joy cards below. Super coloring, layouts and layering on them both!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab embossing.....precious image

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

WOW!!! STUNNING!!!

Cassie said...

she's just lovely denise!!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh Denise - this is GORGEOUS!!!! That colouring is so amazing and I love all the gold!!! I love angels and now this stamp is on my want list!!! :)

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness Denise, this card just took my breath away when it came up on my computer screen. Its so lovely. I love the image, the gold ep, the ribbon, and just all the gold, gold, gold. Its so angelic. TFS!

Rose Ann said...

The gold really adds to the elegance of your gorgeous angel!! Love your coloring, and pretty ribbon treatment, Denise!!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Beautiful! I love the ribbon treatment!!

Candy said...

Beautiful, I bet it really sparkles IRL!!!

Renee said...

Oh Denise, this is beautiful! You did an awesome job on this card!

Lori said...

So very puuurrrrdy!!!!