Friday, May 8, 2009

Girl Time Gift Set

You all know how much I love my curved mega rectangle nestabilities and using them as card bases, right? Well, I found this tutorial from Nichole Heady on how to make a purse out of PTI's clear boxes...very cool tutorial...but guess what?? It happens to be the PERFECT size to hold my curved mega rectangle notecards! Whoo-hoo!



The set I used is JustRite's Girl Time Set from Stamper's Dream...an adorable set with all kinds of cute girly-girl images and sentiments....perfect for my cousin, Linda (the same one that I made last week's handbag and card insert for). She has three very close friends at work...they do everything together...work together, go shopping, vacation together, etc. Seriously, best buds! I figure she can keep these in her desk at work to write notes to her friends when they're going out for lunch, meeting for drinks after work, and stuff like that.

The purse on the outside of the card is heat embossed with white embossing powder. The pink oval is up on Dimensionals.

Here's a picture of everything together:



Here are pictures of each individual card. I made two of each of these. A total of eight cards fit inside the purse....and each card has a layer of dimensionals too (the vellum scalloped oval), so you can even "fatten" them up a bit and they'll still fit inside the purse. Some have ribbon, some don't.









SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: JustRite Girl Time Set
Paper: Prism Simply Smooth White, Prism Iced Pink, Bordering Blue, Vellum, Bella Birds DP
Ink: White Craft, Bordering Blue
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, White Grosgrain, Mini Flower Rhinestones, PTI Clear Box, Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Curved Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Diamond Glaze (to glue down the flower rhinestones), Sticky Tape
Technique: Heat Embossing, Dry Embossing

This wraps up the JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream. Check out Carolyn, Charmaine, Cindy, Kimberly, Laurie, Michelle, and Tosha's blogs to see all the great JustRite projects they've posted this week.

Later all!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW, these are so awesome, Denise! I bet Linda will absolutely love these...I know I do! TFS

Becky said...

WoW is right! these cards are stunning, love the colors and love the dp. I have to make one of these.

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE those colours together!! They are so soft and pretty! I am going to dig out my pile of Prism papers and set them RIGHT beside me so I USE them. You always find the prettiest papers!
Fantastic project girl!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous gift! Gorgeous in every way! I love the shape of the cards, your color combo and every other little detail you put on those pretties! Great job, Denise! Linda is going to love it!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Denisre,what a beautiful creations,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Jetstudio Designs said...

What a great project. I really like the colors that you used so soft and girly! The cards are very pretty.

Stacy Morgan said...

These are adorable! I love the nessties and they are perfect for sets of cards. Wonderful springy colors Denise.

Lori said...

I LOVE everything!!!!! WOW!!!

Rose Ann said...

What a gorgeous grouping of cards, Denise!! So soft and pretty, and I love the darling purse you've made for them!!

Renée said...

Awesome, Denise! Love the set, the colours are just beautiful!

Mothermark said...

I wish I had girls! If I did, then I would MAKE you send this to me! I would threaten you big-time. Tell you you could never watch another NASCAR race ever in your entire life unless you send me this little project to give to my girls!

Boy are you lucky I don't have girls! And your hubby is lucky too cuz he ain't goin' NASCARing if you ain't goin' NASCARing!

Its the coolest little buddy!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh yay with lots of clapping!! What a FABULOUS project and idea!! SO clever and beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh these are so much fun Denise-- -Love the soft colors and little bling accents!!

Broni said...

Well, now, how cool is that??!! Why hide those beautiful cards when you can use a clear box for them! Awesome!!

Alex said...

WOW!!! Denise, this is a fabulous gift box and those cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!! I just love this - I cannot get over how totally beautiful this came out - lucky gal who receives this!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Denise! Your cousin must be feeling soooo SPOILED by you! Lucky girl!!! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Don't you love those boxes? I made them for my girls' friends for Valentine's Day! Your project is awesome! I love the DP and I adore your signature curved cards!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulous idea Denise!! Love the curved rectangle shape too and how you made such a sweet gift set with them. The shape looks so elegant in your darling purse! AWESOME!!

slbt17 said...

how sweet - got to love that nestie! and the stamps just add a fun touch. Thanks for sharing!
Sandra

Jeanette - said...

What a GREAT project Denise! I'm still using the tip you gave us on cutting the nesties to 'mat' the image and now I get to try this one :) You're such a great teacher!!! Thanks!

Candy said...

Fabulous Denise, love the colors and the shape of the cards...beautiful!!

Carolyn King said...

awww.....that is awesome. love the clear purse with the purse on it and the notecards are fabulous too!!!

Gretchen said...

Oh cool! What a great giftt set! Lovely!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a fabulously fashionable and lovely gift set.....wowza

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What an adorable set, Denise! What a fabulous gift!

Connie M. said...

Wow! This is such a fun and fantastic card set, Denise! I am sure she will love it!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS!!! What a great gift idea - your cousin is gonna love it!!! I'm so gonna have to remembe this one :) ~TFS~

Carol L said...

You're something else Denise! How you keep coming up with these awesome projects day after day blows my mind! This is incredibly CUTE!!! I LOVE it!

dpkennedy said...

This is too cute! What a great project!!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooooh - that is sooooo cool!!! And all the cards inside are just beautiful!!!

LeAnne said...

Very cool, Denise--you have such great ideas!

Jami said...

These are gorgeous!! Love the girly color combo and that nestie is soooo on my list to buy!

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling set...love the colors you used on this and the stamps are wonderful!!!! I feel a case coming on gf!!!