Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birthday Flowers



Here's a card for the SCS (SC229) Sketch this week using colors from Lauren's (MTTC02) My Time To Color Challenge.

The punched butterflies and pomegranate mat behind the main image are up on foam tape. The main image is a stamp from my TE Fresh Flowers set. The flower was stamped twice, colored, and layered together with foam tape. Yellow stickles were added to the outsides of the petals and a rose-colored dew drop was glued to the center of the flower.

Here's a close-up:


SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Fresh Flowers (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: PTI White, Groovy Guava, Cool Caribbean, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, SU Bella Birds DP (saffron)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (YR15, YR21, BG10, G21, G24, G28)
Accessories: Yellow Stickles, Curved Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Dew Drop, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Foam Tape, Celery Ribbon, Diamond Glaze (to glue the dew drop), Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder
Technique: Dry Embossing


Hope you're enjoying your Saturday!

26 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! Love these colors and the dimension you've added to that sweet little flower!

Gabriela said...

Denise - your Fresh Flowers card is superb! I love the paper toleing you did and the tiny bit of sparkle. It's no wonder your garden has attracted two little butterflies!

Renée said...

How pretty, Denise! Love the way you've used the colours and the popped up flower is gorgeous!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh so glad I popped in before heading out the door! Your card is beautiful!! I haven't used dew drops in ages and I have so many bottles! Thanks for the inspiration girl!
Talk to you tonight! Have a fab day~

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

This is such a pretty card!

SueH said...

What a great card. I love the colors and the design. Thanks for sharing

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty...love the simplicity of the design, but appreciate all the detail work that makes it 'look' simple....

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fantastic, Denise! LOVE the colors!

Becky said...

This is beautiful.. I have been working on my challenge for 2 days now and still do not know what I am going to do :).

Anonymous said...

Very stunning design Denise!! Just love the beautiful flower!! The glitter is so pretty!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is beautiful!! The colors are fantastic!!

April said...

That is just gorgeous. I love the sparkle on the flowers and your layers.

Jessica Diedrich said...

What a gorgeous card, Denise! I adore the stickles around that flower-that is one of my fave stamp sets!

AKiteFlier said...

Beautifully done Denise - love the layout you used - have to check out that nestie label set too! Worked great here! Thanks for playing the challenge! Super job.

Unknown said...

Wow - this is beautiful -- the dimension is great - and I love your shading...bavo!!

Lori said...

Very pretty!! love the colors and the flower! I'm a big stickles fan!!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful- Denise!!! Love the colors and the sweet flower image!!! Awesome take on the Sketch too!!!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

This is such a beautiful card. Great layout.

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the diamond glaze and butterflies. I really must get that punch!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love the dimension and butterflies :D Nice job

MacKenzie said...

Just beautiful. I love all the detail on the flower.

Riet said...

Wowww Denise,what beautiful,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Emily said...

I never would have thought to put those colors together but you pulled it off beautifully! Why am I not surprised?:)))

Joan Ervin said...

This is just as sweet as it can be...love the pretty colors and the little flower image is just tooo cute!!!!

Tamara said...

Adorable. Your card is so soft and peaceful even with the bright colours. I love the one flower as the focal point.

Kate Souder said...

Just beautiful!