Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May Dirty Challenge



The theme for this month's Dirty Dozen / Dirty Dozen Alumni Challenge, hosted by the awesome Christine Okken, is H2O.

Challenge Focus: Create a project that has something to do with water
Required Element: Watercoloring
Restricted Element: Because of the *2* in H2O, we're to use only two embellishments. Shapes like nesties or sizzix die cuts aren't counted as an embellishment...whewie!

Whoo-hooooo.....water-themed cards?! Sounds totally fun to me! I love beach-themed cards and it gave me an excuse to use my Coastal Wishes set again that I got from Our Craft Lounge. I also used dew drops and papers that sounded beachy and tropical....pacific point and tropical waterfall DP.

Now, real quick...I know what you might be thinking....my card is SOOOOO much like this card that I made for the OCL sneak peeks a few weeks back. It wasn't intentional, I swear! I didn't realize how similar the cards were until the card was finished and I went to take a picture of this one. Oye! Brain fart? (Go ahead...you can have a good ole' laugh at me...I did!) Oh well, since I followed the rules of the challenge and the card is done, I'm gonna just *go with it*, LOL!

The two deckled nesties are up on foam tape. The main image was heat embossed with clear embossing powder. On the inside, I embossed the *thinking of you* sentiment as well:



SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: Our Craft Lounge Coastal Wishes
Paper: Pacific Point, Creamy Caramel, Far & Away Tropical Waterfall DP, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Pacific Point, Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel, Wild Wasabi, Basic Brown
Accessories: Clear Dew Drops, Diamond Glaze (to glue down the dew drops), May Arts Ribbon, Foam Tape, Clear Embossing Powder, Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities
Card Size: 4.25" Square
Technique: Watercoloring, Dry Embossing, Heat Embossing

Here's a link to all the gallery uploads for the challenge: DCH2O0509 (If there aren't many when you click this a.m., check back later today since more will be uploaded as the day goes on)

*SALE*
All OCL sets are now on sale at Stamper's Dream for 25% off. Click here to check it out.


Thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Denise! I love anything beachy and your card is just perfect! Nice job on the challenge! LOVE LOVE LOVE! TFS

Have a great day!
Wendy

Cindy Lawrence said...

GORGEOUS, Denise!!!! Love that beautiful designer paper...yumm! I need to try to get a card done for this challenge today! This one's perfect! :)

Broni said...

Beautiful, Denise!! LOVE the colors and I sure would love to be in that scene right about now!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ahhhhh ...kinda makes ya wish you were there, right? :)

Beautiful coloring and wonderful card!

Chris said...

I'm ready to dive in! Love how you colored your water and sky - it's really perfect!

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous bud!!!! This challenge was so perfect for you!!
Mwah!!!

Terri said...

Okay, yet another gorgeous beach that I can see myself laying on! This is an awesome stamp and you have colored it beautifully!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Denise! You KNOW I love that image!!!

Teresa said...

Your card is still very cool even thought you lifted from yourself. Love the dew drops.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Denise. Very relaxing image and fabulous coloring.

Nadia said...

Wow! Bravo, Denise! I love this card!

Joy said...

WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it! You are totally rockin' this set!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Denise, this is just gorgeous!!!! Beautiful!!!!!

Renée said...

Fabulous card! Love the image, love your colouring!! It may look like the other card, but when you've got a good thing going, work it. It's fabulous, Denise!

Gabriela said...

Denise - I adore your card - the little island silhouette is so calming with your choice of blue DP ad highlights. I adore that double sided ribbon too. What a beautiful card!

Connie M. said...

Stunning, Denise! You did a wonderful job with this fun challenge!!

Rose Ann said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and so serene-looking, Denise!! I wish I were there...ahhhh!!

Janice M said...

Beautiful!! That DP is perfect with that set. Now I want to go to the beach!

Alex said...

This is beautiful Denise - what a serene scene you created!! Gorgeous, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Becky said...

This is stunning none the less. I love how your cards look gorgeous outside and in. I just make a card with this new stamp I won from your blog :) :). I love this stamp. Thank you so much.
Hugs

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Yowza, this is just GORGEOUS Denise! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

So soothing and relaxing!! Oh I just love that image!! You've put it together so beautifully!! ;)

Silke Ledlow said...

Perfect card for the DD Challenge!!! I love this image!!!

America said...

Oooh, Im a lovin that image and your coloring soooooooooooo much!!!! Great crisp card and details.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Denise!!! Your watercoloring is beautiful!! What a great scene and a fun challenge!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This is absolutely beautiful Denise, great job!

Jodi Collins said...

GRRRRRR! I totally forgot about the DD/DDA Challenge until I clicked on your blogaroo! Your card is like an instant vacation my friend! GORGEOUS coloring and layout and I LOVE those OCL stamps!! Off to Stampers Dream to get me some!!! Thanks for enabling ;)

Emily said...

This just goes to show you, a good idea for a card is still a good idea and I still want to walk right onto that beach! It's as gorgeous as the first card!

Barbara said...

Fantastic card, Denise!! I love the beach scene and the colors are beautiful! Oh, I wish I was at the Outer Banks right now!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous Denise! Love the paper and your clean design. Perfect for the challenge!

dpkennedy said...

This is so peaceful...makes me long to be under that palm...sigh. It's beautiful, even better the second time around, lol!

Melanie said...

what gorgoeus card, inside and out! wish i'd found time to play this month!!(sigh)
:)