Thursday, May 21, 2009

May Dreamy Challenge

Hi everyone! This month's Stamper's Dream Challenge is a color challenge with bling and texture. The colors are Blush Red Dark, Island Mist Medium and Birchtone Light with Suede Brown Dark or Ivory accents. If you don't have the Prism papers, the SU colors are Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and Sahara Sand....or you can use colors that are close.


When uploading to SCS, use keyword SDDC7 and be sure to link your project to Michelle's blog post because she has an AWESOME dreamy treat that you can enter to WIN!...see it over there to the right?....seriously awesome, right?!!

My card is a 5" square card. The birchtone light panel was run through the Cuttlebug with my Paisley Impressabilities. Tosha stamped this pretty Apples image for me (Artful Stamper)...thanks Tosha! The main image on the Labels One nestie is up on foam tape. A second bowl and apple was colored, cut out, and popped up on foam tape as well. I colored four of my floral mini rhinestones that Michelle sent me (thanks Michelle!!) with an E57 Copic marker and then added them to the ribbon and paper with a small dot of Diamond Glaze. The layout is Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketch, the pretty lace ribbon is from my friend Janice (thanks Janice!).



Here's a close-up of the dimension:



SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: Apples (Artful Stamper)
Paper: Prism Blush Red Dark, Prism Birchtone Light, Prism Island Mist Medium, MME Bella Bella French Flea Market DP, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Black, Riding Hood Red, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Basic Brown, Marigold Morning, E57 Copic
Accessories: Mini Flower Rhinestones, Diamond Glaze, Paisley Impressabilities, Lace Ribbon (from my friend Janice...thanks girl!!), Labels One Nestabilities, Foam Tape
Technique: Watercoloring with Reinkers, Dry Embossing
Card Size: 5" Square

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Stamper's Dream Team has for you today: Michelle, Cammie, Charmaine, Kimberly, Laurie, and Tosha.

Have fun with the challenge and good luck in winning the dreamy treat!

29 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic card Denise! Your image is coloured wonderfully!!! That lace is pretty cool!

Rubber Princess said...

I just love this card! Who makes the Tropical Waterfall design paper? Looking forward to your reply.

Debbie

Unknown said...

This is absolutely AWESOME, Denise! Your coloring on the bowl of apples is perfect, and I love how you combined the colors and texture in the challenge to make it such a beautiful card!!!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful...love the embossed birchtone---great coloring too!

Kimberly Crawford said...

LOVE it!!!!! That lace is FABULOUS!!! Fantastic card!!!!!!

Terri said...

Great card...love the added texture and beautiful coloring!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Denise...gorgeous colouring and I love the way you used the tiny rhinestones on the lace ribbon!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Denise,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

ZO MOOI....
Hugs Riet.x

Becky said...

I just love this!! Your card is beautiful and the coloring is fabulous.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So charming Denise! Love your lace and embossed birchtone!! And your coloring, as always is fabulous!! Doggone it! I forgot to mention in my post that you stamped the violets for me...(hanging head in shame) Thanks my friend! YOU ROCK!! In talent and sweetness!!

Janice M said...

Very Pretty! I like how you used the lace under the bowl of apples.

Steph Sullins said...

This is gorgeous!!

I am looking for 6 talented people to become part of a design team for my new Digi Stamp adventure. I would love it if you would take a look and see if you might be interested! :)

http://owlwhimsy.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-venture-and-design-team-call.html

Thanks!
Steph

Michelle Woerner said...

Yummy yummy for my tummy (I sing that to my boys -LOL! I love those apples, what great coloring. AND that bowl? Shut up! Perfection!! Great use of Janice's lace!! Hugs to you, michelle

Alex said...

Love this summery card, and that lace looks fabulous Denise!! Great coloring as always! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carol L said...

Another incredible creation Denise! I LOVE how you split the diagonal b/g with 2 different colors, and that lace is to die for! Love the bowl of apples too - your coloring makes them come to life!
Carol

Gabriela said...

I love what you did with this bowl of apples card, Denise. Your card is just wonderful (with a little help from your friends).

Gretchen said...

How pretty! I love what you did with the ribbon!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, just lovely Denise! Those tiny gems are adorable!

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummy! Fabo coloring Denise and great ribbon backing.

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful Denise! I love that lace and your coloring is just gorgeous!

ChristineCreations said...

What a gorgeous bowl of fruit Denise! And that Lace ribbon is so perfect!

Mothermark said...

I love the little lacey background......very creative and fun! Wonderful colors for this challenge! You did good!

Darlene said...

This is FANTASTIC!! Love the added touch of lace!!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous Denise!!! Love how you've used these colours and the lace looks fantastic. Your colouring is stunning and I love how you've popped up the bowl!!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful - Denise!!! This apple image looks awesome and the lace ribbon is the perfect little touch :)!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your bowl of apples is colored beautifully, and I love your lacy ribbon!!

LeAnne said...

Awesome sketch & image---love these colors together!

Heather T said...

Very pretty, with unique lace and ribbon treatment, thanks for the inspiration.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Denise! Your coloring is FABULOUS!