Sunday, May 24, 2009

Melinda and Willow

I have two cards to show you today, using Whiff of Joy stamps from Stamper's Dream.



The first one is Confirmation Melinda...LOVE how this one is illustrated. Her face is SO sweet. Two images are layered together with the second one up on foam tape. The wings are all sparkled up with Diamond Stickles. The Twilight Light base was cut with my curved mega rectangles. The yellow DP is also up on foam tape. I colored her hair blonde for the Copic Creations Challenge.

Here's a close-up:


Here's the inside of the card. I added the Stampendous Angel sentiment to the top flap and then a blank white sheet on the bottom for writing.



SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: WOJ Confirmation Melinda, Stampendous Angel sentiment
Paper: Twilight Light, White, SU Bella Birds DP
Ink: Memento Black, Copics (E00, E02, B93, B95, B97, W1, W3, 0, Y11, Y21, Y28)
Accessories: Diamond Stickles, Ribbon from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts, Curved Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Foam Tape




On the next card, I used my Willow Kneeling Up image. Again, two images were colored and the second one is popped up on foam tape. The Twilight Light panel behind the main image was run through the Cuttlebug with my Butterfly Impressabilities template and it's up on foam tape.

Here's a close-up:


Here's the inside:


SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: WOJ Willow Kneeling Up
Paper: Prism Twilight Medium, Prism Twilight Light, White, Wisteria DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (B93, B95, B97, E00, E02, E25, W1, W3, YG91, YG95)
Accessories: Chocolate Pearls, Butterfly Impressabilities, Foam Tape, Curved Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Lace Ribbon from my friend Janice

See you soon!

26 comments:

Nadia said...

Wow!!! Very pretty, Denise!

Jami said...

I LOVE these!! That Melinda is perfect in that rectangle and I just love the coloring!!

Dawn Easton said...

Both of them are beautiful Denise!! I love the curved rectangle nesties! Need to pull mine out again!

Paula Barin said...

Both cards are so precious.

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful Denise! I love the confirmation one especially!

Michelle said...

Beautiful...love the soft colors & that lace behind your image. Hope you have a great Memorial day!

Becky said...

Denise these are simply gorgeous, as always, love how you stamp and color 2 of them,it gives them a lovely effect. And I love how you do the inside of your cards, myself, being Creatively challenged
need all the help I can get :).

Unknown said...

Honestly, I don't know how you do it! Both of these are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! So soft and pretty, gorgeous color selection and your coloring is total perfection! AWESOME job, my friend!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Denise,l love the images and colours,so gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Emily said...

Both cards are drop dead gorgeous Denise!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh Denise, these are both just BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors and the images are just awesome!

Joanne (jojot) said...

sweet and oh so pretty

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Beautiful card. Your colouring is amazing. Love the ribbon you used.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Both are so very beautiful, Denise! Your coloring is magnificent!

Darlene said...

These are both so beautiful!! Love your layouts and the dimension you have given them! I must add that I like how you've completed the inside covers! Awesome work ... thanks for inspiration!!

Cassie said...

they are both so beautiful!

Emily said...

It's me again Denise. I have something for you over on my blog:)) http://emily-atimetocraft.blogspot.com/2009/05/lemonade-stand-blog-award.html

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!!! My goodness, these are both GORGEOUS!!! The first is so sweet and pretty and the second I just love the layout, the embossed BG and the awesome ribbon/lace. And of course the colouring on both is FANTASTIC!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful cards! I love the images. They would be perfect for confirmation/1st Holy Communion. I just had to make a bunch of 1st Holy Communion cards for my local consignment store, and I didn't like them because I thought they were too 'adult' looking. These images are so much better suited for children. I love the trim/lace you used for the second card. It fits the image so well. And as always, the coloring is gorgeous!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - both cards are beautiful - Denise!!! Love the angel image on the first card - super cute :)!!!
The coloring on both cards is fab!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Denise...you are amazing...just look at those gorgeous cards!!! What FABULOUS coloring and I LOVE how you popped up the adorable images....the colors and papers are just perfect!!!!! I can't stop drooling.....

Rose Ann said...

So pretty, perfectly colored, sweet cards!! I love your color choices too, and fabulous dimension!!

Renee said...

OMG! These are just precious! You rock girl!

Lori said...

Isn't that Willow precious?! Love both cards bud!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such cute cards Denise! Love the images and the great coloring... TFS!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Love these cards, Denise. Your Melinda is so sweet, and your coloring on both is beautiful. Thanks for joining our Copic Challenge.