Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's *done* enough to show you...

Okay, there are still some odds and ends that need to be done....like moving my cork board to where the perpetual calendar is hanging, adding the handles to the cabinets, etc., but it's done enough and I'm moved in enough that I can show you my newwwwwww stamping spot!

We got one heck of a deal on the cabinets, drawer and countertop at a discount builder's supply store in Reading, PA. It's called Heeby's.....definitely worth the trip if you're here in PA!

I know some of you have full stamp rooms (that I absolutely drool over), but my stamping area is on one side of my office. One side is set up with my printer, desktop computer, transcription equipment, etc.....BUT THIS is the FUN side of my room now! It used to be a junky wall with full sized file cabinets, a paper shredder, huge trash can, etc.

Here's a picture of the entire wall. My husband even installed lighting under the cabinets for me, moved the outlets up above the countertop, and put some extra ones inside the cabinets.



I used to store all my stamping stuff in bins and ziplock bags in my closet and every time I'd want to use something, I'd pull it out to use it and then put it all back. Well, one of the most exciting parts of this new space (for me) is that I can keep my Cuttlebug OUT on the counter all the time and I won't have to pack it back into a storage bin all the time. Soooo, one of the first things I did once my husband was finished putting all the cabinets together was set up the magnetic strips inside the cabinet doors for my Spellbinders dies like I saw on Laurie Schmidlin's blog. You can see her post HERE. Here's a picture of the inside of MY "Nestie cabinet," which is the cabinet all the way on the right above my Cuttlebug and ink pad storage (oh, and the ink pad storage is from Organize More).



Everything is pretty spread out in there right now. Like my husband says, "there's still lots of shovin' room!" to pack more stuff in there. {smile} Most of the containers are "Snapware" containers from Target.

Here's a picture of how I store my 8.5 x 11 CS. Each color is in a clear string envelope (I got mine at Staples) with a label showing the color name and color family. I might eventually set up hanging files and store them in a file cabinet like Nancy Riley posted on her blog, which you can see HERE....but in the meantime, this is what works for me. With the labels in the upper left corner like that, I can flip through and find the color I'm looking for.



Here are the Sterilite containers where my 12x12 paper is stored. They're also from Target.



Here's the cabinet on the left with a bunch of stamps...I need to reorganize it all somehow, but that'll happen later. The middle cabinet (not pictured) holds my SU sets.



So, that's my stampin' spot. If you have any questions, let me know.

44 comments:

Nicole said...

LOOKS AWESOME DENISE!!!!!!!!! Isn't it nice to have a new clean space to work in? I love mine, too!!

Janice M said...

Wow!! Looks Great Denise!Everything right there in hands reach!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Your space looks awesome! I like how organized you are and the desk area looks like a great large space to spread out.

The nestie idea is great! I just might need to try that with mine, then maybe I'll use them more.

Have fun creating in your new space :)

Anonymous said...

Denise - your studio looks wonderful! I can just imagine your delight! Congratulations!

Jackie said...

It's just beautiful, and so organized! I am coveting your cabinets and countertop. I know you are going to enjoy your new space :-)

Unknown said...

I loved tip-toeing through your stamp studio! I can only imagine how excited you are to have your own personal space! It's just awesome! So there will be a lot of happy stampin' in there soon, I know! :-)

Denise said...

Wow, what a great craft area. You are so organized!! I am still trying to get there. hahaha

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Hi Denise! This looks fabulous! I love the countertop you chose.

Jamie Martin said...

Your new stamp area looks fantastic! Will it stay this neat?

Anonymous said...

Nice work! Obviously done by a skilled professional with precision and attention to detail. You're lucky to have found such a master craftsman.

Hey is that your picture? You're kinda cute.

Jackie Pedro said...

How fun for you!! Your stamping space looks amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great, Denise! I'm sure you will be creating more awesome stuff in your new space!

JenMarie said...

LOOOVE it!!!

Terri said...

What a beautiful studio you have now. I LOVE the cabinets, I am jealous...that is the one thing that I would really like to have! You have inspired me though, I have been doing some deep cleaning and purging in my craft room (for days now), hopefully I'll get it done soon! Thanks for sharing your happy place!

Jekka said...

Denise your space looks great!! I love how you created a display at the end for your cards. What a great idea! Enjoy---

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, Denise, how wonderful...everything is sooo organized and right at your fingertips!!! I can just imagine how excited you are!!! I will have to copy your nesties idea...that looks awesome!!!

Jami said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I am sooooo jealous!! How in the world will you ever get any work done on the "office" side with this fun side calling your name!?! Love how organized you are!!!
hugs, Jami

Sonia said...

WoW WOW amazing, just the thing for a busy crafter :) and how organised. Thats what i need, more organisation lol.TFS
Hugs Sonia x

Gail S. said...

Your creating area looks so nice! Thank you for sharing with us!

Michelle said...

Wow!! I am so jealous!! I, too, have just an "area" but am so glad I don't have to clean up every time I stamp like I used to, when everything was in a box in my closet!! Enjoy your new space....it is soooooo awesome!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This looks wonderful Denise! I want my own area to look like that! Mine is seriously a mess and I am an organization freak so it bothers me...A LOT! I try to keep as organized as possible with what I have but I have too much stuff and not enough storage! Anyway, thanks for the inspiration on the space! I will see how much convincing I can do of the hubby! ;D

Dawn Easton said...

Looks FANTASTIC Denise!! So nice and new and organized...I love it!!

Stephanie said...

my goodness it is awesome, you wouldn't be able to get me out of there....enjoy!

Norine said...

it looks great love how you did the nesties on the door
Hugs
Norine

Gretchen said...

You are so lucky! Congrats on your space!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you to have such a wonderful place to call your own! You're so organized too! Thanks for sharing your personal space with us and happy stamping!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Denise, I'm so thrilled for you and so pea green with envy! This is fabulous! I know you must be so excited!

Jean Cross said...

Denise, my friend, that is one SWeeeeeeeeet Studio space. I love knowing you are creating in this space! You deserve it. May you have GOBS of happy times there!

Anonymous said...

Denise - this looks fabulous!!! Nothing like me space - LOL - you are so organized!!!! Have fun crafting in your new stampin' space!!! Hugs ~S~

Marisa said...

Your hubby deserves a huge hug! This is amazingly wonderful!! Have fun creating out of your new studio :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh how fun and wonderful! It looks amazing!!! ENJOY!! Can't wait to see what you create in your new space!! :)
Have a wonderful weekend, Denise!

Anonymous said...

PROBLEM #1: actually going in there and MESSING IT UP

PROBLEM #2: actually going in there and not standing in awe for several hours a day

PROBLEM #3: FINDING the countertop after you start using it.

PROBLEM #4: I'm eaten up with jealousy

PROBLEM #5: getting you to post a photo of what it ends up looking like. PLEASE?????

Sandy said...

What a perfect stamping area, Denise!! Congrats. Your hubby did a great job. Love the under cabinet lighting.

Beverly said...

Oh Denise!! What a fabulous stamping room you have! When can I come over and stamp *wink*... I just love your organization! FANTASTIC! When I grow up, I want a stamp room like yours. Right now I'm in a corner of our unfinished basement... one day, one day...
Thanks for sharing!

Taylor said...

This is fabulous, Denise! I had a little twinge of jealousy over here wishing my space was as wonderful (and clean!) as yours! :)

Renee said...

Wow Denise this is awesome! I love your space with the cupboards and all the counter top space! You did a really good job with it. I got my shelves finished but need to run to Ikea and look for gadget storage and some more cd boxes. Oh, and I love the way you stored your nesties!

Anonymous said...

Denise....I am loving your new stamp space! Hubby did a beautiful job on it. Yes, as like many others here...I am feeling alittle twinge of jealousy...it's so neat & organized. I think it's time to have a talk with my "ever so loving" hubby about maybe putting some cabinets in my room. Yours is fabulous!
Thanks for sharing...I love it and know you do too!!

Enjoy!
Wendy

Juanita said...

Fantastic. Looks like a great place to create. I might have to use some of your great ideas!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How awesome is your space Denise!! I'm so excited for you! What a sweet hubby to help you with that!

Julie said...

Awesome space Denise....I'm especially mesmerized by your nestie storage!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your space looks fantastic, Denise!! I am so excited for you!!

Unknown said...

I have question!!.......Can I borrow your hubby?
It's not that I'm lealous or anything...oh OK, I am! You lucky lucky girl!! Ah well, back to my mish mash of a craft room. *sigh*.
LOL Viv xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love it Denise!! It is so organized!!!!! I have all of the cabinets too but they are already full. lol!! Maybe I need to reorganize. Love your organization of your Nestabilities! Great idea.

Donna Baker said...

sweet space!!