Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rose's Garden

Hi everyone and happy Sunday! As promised, I want to try and post Sarah Kay cards on Sundays. It may not *always* happen, but I'd like to try it for a while anyway.



The adorable Sarah Kay Rose's Garden, Impression Obsession Mini Messages sentiment, and Basic Gray Urban Prairie DP are available at Stamper's Dream. Michelle has a great selection of Sarah Kay stamps from Collection I and Collection II. She also now carries those awesome Rachelle Ann Miller stamps. Check it all out HERE. Have you ever shopped at Stamper's Dream?...Michelle has incredibly fast shipping too. Love that!

The layout for my card is from last week's Magnolia vs. Stampavie Challenge, which you can see HERE. I'm so excited that I found these challenges because they post new ones every Sunday, so that totally fits in with my Sarah Kay Sunday plan. {smile}

The card is 5.25" square. The large white panel on the base of the card, the Ballet Blue mat behind the Rose's Garden imge, each prima flower, and the sentiment oval are all up on Dimensionals. The two white primas were sponged with Regal Rose ink.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the inside of the card to share. See the little white thingies at the bottom of the card??.....it started to SLEET when I went to take my pics of this card. Yikes! You should have seen how fast I snapped the picture, picked up the card, and raced back inside, LOL! Anyway, the inside of the card has a Regal Rose piece of CS matted against white, and I did some piercing all around the edges with the same Ornare Piercing Template that's on the card front.

SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Sarah Kay Rose's Garden, Impression Obsession Mini Messages
Paper: Ballet Blue, White, Regal Rose, Urban Prairie DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (B21, B24, RV21, RV23, R35, G21, G24, E00, E02, E08, E33, E35, W1, W3), Regal Rose
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals, Coral Prima, Primas and Rhinetone Brads from SU Pretties Kit, Oval Nestabilities, Ornare Piercing Template, White and Pink Ribbon from Michael's
Card Size: 5.25" Square


Have a GREAT day!! ....wonder if I can get Silke on a roller coaster today?? Hmmm??

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sweetness! I love your balanced layout, your watercoloring of course it goes without saying, but the brads offsetting the flowers is just marvelous! Good luck with the roller skates. I just got my little one on skates yesterday! I actually pais for lessons at the local skating rink. They're working!

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable as always Denise! Hope you and Silke are having a BLAST in Orlando and enjoy the roller coaster...you would NOT get me on it...lol....hahaha!

Nicole said...

WOW, this is gorgeous! Enjoy the ride!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

OMG!! So sweet!! My basic grey dp is on the way!! Cant wait to play with it since youve enabled me so much!!LOL!

Betty J Schaub said...

It's a beauty Denise!!! Takes me back to when my girls were little and they wore those little backless pinifores and pastel colored corduroy jeans. So special.

Norine said...

she is so sweet love your coloring
Hugs
Norine

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

It's a very very beautifully!
Helena

Terri said...

I am now convinced you own every one of these little cuties, darling image. Great job...you nailed the challenge!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just precious, Denise! I love the piercing...gotta get some of those fancy piercing templates! Hope you had a FABULOUS time in Orlando! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Amanda said...

Truly beautiful card! Such a sweet image.

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card - love the DP, it's perfect for the sweet image

hugs Bev x

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just too cute!!

Jami said...

Love this sweet card - your coloring rocks on this!! Lovin' Sarah Kay Sunday!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable Denise, I love the Sarah Kay stamps! A fabulous design and your coloring is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

just beautiful! I too love the sarah kay stamps and had to order some! Your coloring is just outstanding on this sweet little card! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I have had a little sack of the paper flower pieces for years. Only after seeing this card did I pull them out and start popping them on top of a card with a hard-to-fill bare space. It turned out beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card. I love this SK stamp and should use it more often than I do. The colours you've chosen are just perfect!
Viv xx

Holly said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how SWEET is this??? Oh.......... I love the colors, your coloring, the papers, everything! This SK image is just darling. Awwwww.........

Rose Ann said...

This is so darling, and I love everything about it, Denise!!

Monique said...

what a beautiful card. The coloring, papers and details are fabulous!

Silke Ledlow said...

He,he,he - no roller coaster ride for my weak stomach!!! Sorry girly!!! I had so much fun on all the other rides though!!!

Your card is gorgeous - I love this image and your coloring is fabulous!!! Which reminds me, I missed out on that part... I wanted you to show me how you do it....YIKES!!!

diane zechman said...

aww....this is so sweet!